P-38 Printed Parts

P-38 Printed Parts 1.0

Please log in to download

Grind

@Matagami Designs ,thanks for sharing these! I've got my printer doing a scoop right now.
20210916_215209.jpg

Already have the cowls printed.
20210916_215144.jpg

Matagami Designs

Master member
Thanks so much! I cheated and just hot glued my superchargers on top as I didn't want to weaken the booms. Bet you won't be able to tell when it's flying!
It's a struggle when you want to be scale and you do silly things like this to achieve it. o_OI haven't had any issues on mine but I have fixed landing gear so that probably takes a lot of stresses that the tail booms would see in a belly landing scenario. If you trim the edges I bet this would look fine just glued on top.

Jade_Monkey07

It's a struggle when you want to be scale and you do silly things like this to achieve it. o_OI haven't had any issues on mine but I have fixed landing gear so that probably takes a lot of stresses that the tail booms would see in a belly landing scenario. If you trim the edges I bet this would look fine just glued on top.
Not sure if you've got the canopy designed yet. Might take a stab at it later, I'm thinking just a frame so I can cut some clear plastic to insert into it.
The cowls scaled down quite nicely. I just calculated the scale from the full size to mine 51.4% and it turned out perfect

Attachments

• 20220609_135810.jpg
    20220609_135810.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Matagami Designs

Master member
Not sure if you've got the canopy designed yet. Might take a stab at it later, I'm thinking just a frame so I can cut some clear plastic to insert into it.
The cowls scaled down quite nicely. I just calculated the scale from the full size to mine 51.4% and it turned out perfect

I don't have any files for a canopy at the moment. It would probably be a bit involved because you will need to figure out the fit to the fuselage.