P-38 Pusher MJ - Build log

jamboree1

I should have mentioned earlier, make sure the booms are parallel all the way , i took a lot of precautions to keep the wing, fuse and booms parallel all with each other.

jpot1

Elite member
Yeah, picture looks like they are off but it’s just the angle. I had cut some spacers that I used to make sure everything was parallel all the way.

jpot1

Elite member
Wow this flew great! 3 batteries through her today, only a tiny bit of trim and handled the 15mph wind gusts like a champ. Time for paint!

6DB56811-CD7E-4BFC-8886-CBB3186A1D4A.jpeg

jamboree1

That's awesome, i'm glad yours flew good too, i really enjoy mine and the wind design seems very efficient in wind. I'm getting about 12 mins flight time with my motor and a 2200

jpot1

Elite member
Finished up the plans converting this for DTFB. Also changed the cockpit to fit a modified FT power pod.

Attachments

• mj_p38.pdf
    20.2 KB · Views: 0

jamboree1

Nice work on the redraw, this will really help the guys building with DTFB. I'm curious on how a FT power pod fits in there as the wing is in the way.

jpot1

Elite member
Nice work on the redraw, this will really help the guys building with DTFB. I'm curious on how a FT power pod fits in there as the wing is in the way.

Jamboree - key phrase I used was a modified FT power pod :).
Back in the day when I first built the FT22 I wanted to make it swappable so I built this to fit in that fuse and I have modded all other planes that take the 2200kv motor to fit.

2EE0357B-CE0E-41E7-9500-E91026295F38.jpeg

jpot1

Elite member
so a f pack should power it?

Yes as long as it's the true FT F pack. I believe that emax puts out 1000g or more thrust. My setup does 900g and is a little heavier. I have an F pack imitation from banggood which only puts out 600g which would not be enough.

Morgan

Yes as long as it's the true FT F pack. I believe that emax puts out 1000g or more thrust. My setup does 900g and is a little heavier. I have an F pack imitation from banggood which only puts out 600g which would not be enough.
Thanks.

jamboree1

What size battery are you using?
for this plane i had to use a 2200 3s to get it to balance properly, you could add nose weight but thats dead weight, may as well just get the extra flight time with a bigger battery. Keep in mind that is with the original plans. Jpot redrew the plans and it might change how much weight is needed in the nose to balance.

matjey

Would love to see a video of you guys flying it. Keep them posted as I believe it help other building and enjoying it too.