P 40 stolen out of the back of my truck while flying

Marty72

Elite member
Built another P 40, she's ready to go as soon as we get some better weather. I really like the look of the P 40 in the air, but it lacks the performance of the FT Spitfire. I just recently figured out what I think is the optimum power set up for this plane. I'm now running a Rimfire 3536 1200, with 10x7 prop, Scorpion 3s, 2200, 45c battery. (Battery discharge rate does make a difference.) I've tried running 4s batteries but the plane is simply over powered at that point and climbs with more power (it's just not correctable in a way that is acceptable to me). The plane isn't as fast as the Spit, but flies great with the current set up, without any climbing at WOT. Great vertical with this power plant. I fly at less than WOT and throttle up for the climbs, it's as good as I'm going to do with this plane. It's the best belly lander of the FT fighters, pretty durable.

IMG_2846.JPG
View attachment

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Built another P 40, she's ready to go as soon as we get some better weather. I really like the look of the P 40 in the air, but it lacks the performance of the FT Spitfire. I just recently figured out what I think is the optimum power set up for this plane. I'm now running a Rimfire 3536 1200, with 10x7 prop, Scorpion 3s, 2200, 45c battery. (Battery discharge rate does make a difference.) I've tried running 4s batteries but the plane is simply over powered at that point and climbs with more power (it's just not correctable in a way that is acceptable to me). The plane isn't as fast as the Spit, but flies great with the current set up, without any climbing at WOT. Great vertical with this power plant. I fly at less than WOT and throttle up for the climbs, it's as good as I'm going to do with this plane. It's the best belly lander of the FT fighters, pretty durable.

View attachment 182275 View attachment 182276
What is the radio system you are using, is it Spektrum? If its at least a DX6 you should be able to make a throttle/elevator mix to compensate for the ballooning. Have you tried mixes yet?

Gorgeous build BTW, Good Luck on the maiden

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

View attachment 182275 View attachment 182276
Beautiful job! Good luck on the maiden. (y)

OlliePackman

Well that sucks but at least it was only a foamy. You can at least know that the thief won't be getting any money out of it anyway as the Airframe is only a foamy and he clearly didn't know what he was stealing so probably doesn't even know what to post some of the electronics as or what they are worth.

Marty72

Elite member
What is the radio system you are using, is it Spektrum? If its at least a DX6 you should be able to make a throttle/elevator mix to compensate for the ballooning. Have you tried mixes yet?

Gorgeous build BTW, Good Luck on the maiden

Yeah, I've got a dx8. I did some mixing in the past but I don't think I'll bother. The plane is draggy, and that's what is really going on. The climb due to being over powered isn't linear, so the mixing won't be a simple percentage.