P-40 Warhawk?

Q3001

Does anyone have plans for a P-40 Warhawk? Preferably in the mighty mini size...

It's one of my all time favourite planes. I've built a few FT planes now, but don't quite have the skill to design one myself.
Maybe it'd be easy to modify an existing design (like a spitfire), but again, I just don't know where to start.

Thanks!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
well I'm planning on designing one but in like two months or so
and I'm sorry but I know of none here on the forums or for that matter anywhere sorry,

ranger351

Warbird Crazy!
2017-01-03_10.10.06.jpg

Check out Fly'n Foam RC on facebook . The name use to be Beyond the wheel RC, but due to health problems Tim had to shut down the site for a while. Tim is in the process of starting a new website, so we will be able to purchase the plans again. According to to the facebook page Tim is designing plans for other planes that will be avalible on the new site . I highly recommended his builds great designs with great instructions!

20161115_192636-3024x2268.jpg

Here's a picture of the P-40 I'm building from Tim's plans. He calls it the 2 dollar tiger because it's built from only two sheets of DTF. It has a 35" wing span which is a bit bigger than the mini's but I believe flys more stable and still transports very well too and from the flying field.

Scottie

I tried making one ,looked great but the CoG was a nightmare to dial in for some reason,unfortunately the plane didn't last long enough to get a proper flight so I snowballed the project for the time being.
Some pics......
IMG_20160722_174534.jpg
IMG_20160722_174442.jpg
IMG_20160717_234513.jpg

ranger351

Warbird Crazy!
Scottie! That P-40 looks great hope you give it another go! That is a great design you made with lots of scale details.

Idahomoe

View attachment 79586

Check out Fly'n Foam RC on facebook . The name use to be Beyond the wheel RC, but due to health problems Tim had to shut down the site for a while. Tim is in the process of starting a new website, so we will be able to purchase the plans again. According to to the facebook page Tim is designing plans for other planes that will be avalible on the new site . I highly recommended his builds great designs with great instructions!

View attachment 79587

Here's a picture of the P-40 I'm building from Tim's plans. He calls it the 2 dollar tiger because it's built from only two sheets of DTF. It has a 35" wing span which is a bit bigger than the mini's but I believe flys more stable and still transports very well too and from the flying field.
Cost of plans?

ranger351

Warbird Crazy!
Price is $2 from Fly'n Foam RC. Be prepared to spend more! He has a bunch of cool plane designs. flynfoamrc.com

kilroy07

Legendary member
Price is $2 from Fly'n Foam RC.
Well, for $2 you can't go wrong!

And THANKS... I clicked on the link and he's featuring the Do335 one of my top 10 favorite aircraft!!...
(Now I've added ANOTHER plane to my build list!!) :rolleyes:

This really never ends does it... there's ALWAYS going to be "that next plane to build."....

Ironmannc750x

I found some plans on here for free and built one. First 2 flights ended in disaster because I later found out that the prop was too small(9x6, I used a 10x8). After rebuilding the whole nose(it was crushed), and a new power pod, it took off perfectly!
mine2 (1).JPG
final.jpeg

MiniacRC

Does anyone have plans for a P-40 Warhawk? Preferably in the mighty mini size...

It's one of my all time favourite planes. I've built a few FT planes now, but don't quite have the skill to design one myself.
Maybe it'd be easy to modify an existing design (like a spitfire), but again, I just don't know where to start.

Thanks!

Here's a mighty mini I designed. Check it out and see if ya like it! :) Free plans are available and I also tried my hand at free skins. Also, Stephen Rosema, the master of skins (Rasterize) created four awesome skins for the design:

Plans and skin:
https://www.flitetest.com/articles/ft-style-mighty-mini-p40-warhawk
https://www.flitetest.com/articles/miniacrc-mighty-mini-p40-free-custom-skins

Rasterize's skins:
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...-for-miniacrc-ft-style-mighty-mini-p40.56631/

Flight video: