P-40's compared

degriz

Anyone else building the FT P-40? I am almost done with mine but have to wait for electronics. I am going to have it as a backup when I need to pull a motor and electronics from a crash :)

Look at the size difference of the control surfaces from my scratched out P-40 which is still waiting on it's maiden. I am guessing the FT will be able to fly slower than my build.

Attachments

• thumbnail (1).jpg
    thumbnail (1).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
Yours will be fine, large control surfaces don't allow you to fly slower , they actually rob you of speed . My P40 elevators are just about the same size as yours and it has great authority.

Last edited:

degriz

Just saw the FT video on their P-40. I guess the FT will be a pretty easy flyer, I can't wait for a nice day to get mine airborne

tradmedic

Thinking I may build one of these to fly the wings off of, and play with the paint, before committing to the new Corsair. I'm also interested in comparing the P40 to the spitfire I'm building during my down time at work.

degriz

I'm also interested in comparing the P40 to the spitfire I'm building during my down time at work.[/QUOTE]

I love my Spitfire! one of my best flyers. I liked the design so much , I built it out of coroplast

Attachments

• spit.jpg
    spit.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 0

tradmedic

I like the coroplast idea! The Spitfire has always held a place in my imagination. It was also the first FT model (or any model for that matter) that I had success with. That was why I defaulted to it when I was looking for a bird to start learning how to airbrush on.