Help! P-47 build problems

Planefun

I am building the P-47 master series and have run into a problem. The skin that is supposed to go over former three appears to be way too small. I am wondering if There was a mix up in the kit.
I have already built the Master Series Corsair so, I am familiar with the techniques needed. I could sand the former but it needs a lot!
Anyone else run into this problem?
I feel like I have the wrong part somehow but I cannot find the correct part nor where this part would go other than here.
From what I can gather from the video, the real part should be smaller width and larger circumference
image.jpg
image.jpg

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I forget the part number but if not building from the speed build kit but are from the downloadable plans, there is an incorrect part and it has yet to be fixed or mentioned that it is needed in the store. The addendum PDF can be found in the resources page.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-p-47-v1-0-addendum.84/

There are a couple other errors in the plans but are more easily fixed with some trimming. The battery box is one of I remember right

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I am building the P-47 master series and have run into a problem. The skin that is supposed to go over former three appears to be way too small. I am wondering if There was a mix up in the kit.
I have already built the Master Series Corsair so, I am familiar with the techniques needed. I could sand the former but it needs a lot!
Anyone else run into this problem?
I feel like I have the wrong part somehow but I cannot find the correct part nor where this part would go other than here.
From what I can gather from the video, the real part should be smaller width and larger circumference View attachment 157845 View attachment 157846
I remember there being different size formers...please forgive me, but are all of the the right formers in the right place? It's been a little while since I built mine from the speed build kit, but I did not have that problem...

Planefun

It is from the speed build kit and yes I have checked and rechecked the formers. The former seems to be right just not the ‘skin’ . I have never run into this issue with a speed build kit so it is likely that I am doing something wrong. I just can’t figure out what it is

Planefun

Also, I did purchase this kit when t the P47 first became available on the ft store. If there was an initial problem that was later resolved that could be the issue also. This just does not seem to be the right part but it is the only one in the kit that looks close

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Also, I did purchase this kit when t the P47 first became available on the ft store. If there was an initial problem that was later resolved that could be the issue also. This just does not seem to be the right part but it is the only one in the kit that looks close
I'd contact FT customer service about it. They might send you a replacement kit.