P-47 masterwork plans

PaulK

Are the masterwork plans out for the P-47 yet? If so where can I find them. Really want to make it

Srupp

I have been wondering the same thing. I completely appreciate that they are free but seems like when they release a plane its awhile before they release the plans. guess to try to make money off of them?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
free plans are done by @SP0NZ and done for free. he is a busy man with a real job and so it takes a little while to get them done and released. be patient, they will be posted before too long.

laters,

me :cool:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have these ones if you want to try it. I don't remember where i got them but go nuts if you are up to giving it a shot:
P-47 Thunderbolt Plans Full.pdf
Go into adobe acrobat reader to tile them if you need. Let me know how it works out for you

Attachments

• P-47 Thunderbolt Plans Full.pdf
    669.5 KB · Views: 0

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yea i found these plans from someone here in the forum awhile back and downloaded them, i forget from who. Keep me posted on what build thread you are going to use so i can follow your progress. Thx

PaulK

Yea i found these plans from someone here in the forum awhile back and downloaded them, i forget from who. Keep me posted on what build thread you are going to use so i can follow your progress. Thx
I have tried building the plane twice and both times nothing lines up. I think the person that made the plans should go back and measure before just cutting because a lot of the pieces for the fuselage do not match up with the formers and when putting the wing together there is a huge gap in the front

jack954

I have tried building the plane twice and both times nothing lines up. I think the person that made the plans should go back and measure before just cutting because a lot of the pieces for the fuselage do not match up with the formers and when putting the wing together there is a huge gap in the front

I am also building his P-47 plans. Is the gap on the leading edge or where the top wing halves come together? I had a problem with the leading edge at first, but looking back on the pictures he posted I had to peel some paper of the bottom wing too.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/foamboard-p-47-thunderbolt.58014/

PaulK

jack954

It was the same for me. And the formers are not on those lines. I would pre fit everything before gluing
Ok, I will have to check that out. I already glued in my formers so I'll test fit the skins and adjust as needed.
Thanks for the heads up!