P-47 Motor question

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Greetings community!
I have a p-47 I have burned up two "C" pack motors on...I am using the 10x4.7 prop with a 4s, which they say is fine...but after 5 mins of fairly fast flying the motor is so hot it seizes up, and can't be touched for several minutes...
Anyone using a different motor with different results?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Greetings community!
I have a p-47 I have burned up two "C" pack motors on...I am using the 10x4.7 prop with a 4s, which they say is fine...but after 5 mins of fairly fast flying the motor is so hot it seizes up, and can't be touched for several minutes...
Are you using the older C pack or the Radial C?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Greetings community!
I’ve heard that that’s been an issuer with the radial c packs. I’ve used a 9x6 prop on 4s with the motor not even warm after two 4s packs of flying heavy on the throttle. That being said, my motor was warm after a short (throttle heavy) flight on a 10x5 prop using a 3s battery.

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
I’ve heard that that’s been an issuer with the radial c packs. I’ve used a 9x6 prop on 4s with the motor not even warm after two 4s packs of flying heavy on the throttle. That being said, my motor was warm after a short (throttle heavy) flight on a 10x5 prop using a 3s battery.
You used the 9x6 on the P-47?