P-47 repair! Master repair series?

Zetoyoc

Elite member
Glad to see you got it all fixed up and flying again. also to hear it flies well. I have maiden flghts coming up on this and a p-40 i painted up buth quite nice. ill be extra nervous now. but they can be fixed it seems :) good work

newguy2012

Glad to see you got it all fixed up and flying again. also to hear it flies well. I have maiden flghts coming up on this and a p-40 i painted up buth quite nice. ill be extra nervous now. but they can be fixed it seems :) good work
Just do a thorough radio check. The Jug is actually pretty floaty.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Why are they pushing that power pack and 4s for these? I will do some bench testing. Its got plenty of giddyup
not sure why, cause it seems like some people haven't had the issue. Read the reviews for it on the ft store - most of the reviewers said something about the motors getting hot. I noticed on the 10x5 it was a warm after a short flight on 3s. But I ran a whole 4s pack heavy on the throttle with a 9x6 and the motor was barely warm upon landing.

newguy2012

not sure why, cause it seems like some people haven't had the issue. Read the reviews for it on the ft store - most of the reviewers said something about the motors getting hot. I noticed on the 10x5 it was a warm after a short flight on 3s. But I ran a whole 4s pack heavy on the throttle with a 9x6 and the motor was barely warm upon landing.
The 10'4.7 that came with the powerpack may not lug the motor down as bad? 🤷‍♂️

newguy2012

Did you fly? Hope it went well You have photos of yours?

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I haven't flown mine yet. the weather has been uncooperative and the few days it was nice out i was working :( here are the two waiting for a first flight
IMG_20191228_112823_resize_13.jpg
274222_0abfb83aa448dbb0adb440f7c953cbdf.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Just remember, 185%
If I can get a hold of enough maker foam before then (basically if my hobby shop has it in stock) then I'll go that route but chances are I'll do a 200% and use doubled up DTFB. BTW, I'm going to try to get as many people as I can to build my T-28 and then fly formation Thursday evening with me. Would you be interested in joining?

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
If I can get a hold of enough maker foam before then (basically if my hobby shop has it in stock) then I'll go that route but chances are I'll do a 200% and use doubled up DTFB. BTW, I'm going to try to get as many people as I can to build my T-28 and then fly formation Thursday evening with me. Would you be interested in joining?
Heck yea!