P-51 Mustang? help needed

Keith Blanton

This plane came with a brushed motor I want to put a brushless motor in it. Plane has a 30" wing span and a 8.5x6 prop im new to the hobby need some recommendations on what motor to go with not looking for something to fast.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 1

kdobson83

I would go with Flitetest's B-pack or its equivalent. That looks to be inbetween FliteTest's mini mustang and their regular one, so their B-pack should be just about perfect. It's a motor ment for slower style park flyers too. Slap a slowfly prop on it and youll have the power to hover it if needed.

Gazoo

Can you show a pic of the electronics? It may be that the receiver and the ESC are on one board. If you want to go brushless, you would need a brushless ESC (with BEC) and a receiver.

If you show a picture of the receiver and ESC I'm sure that someone can make a good recommendation on the components that you need.

Sweet looking Mustang BTW. Who makes it?

What type of battery? 2 or 3 cell?

Last edited:

Keith Blanton

Can you show a pic of the electronics? It may be that the receiver and the ESC are on one board. If you want to go brushless, you would need a brushless ESC (with BEC) and a receiver.

If you show a picture of the receiver and ESC I'm sure that someone can make a good recommendation on the components that you need.

Sweet looking Mustang BTW. Who makes it?

What type of battery? 2 or 3 cell?

It has a separate receiver but I have one to put back in for my radio and planned on getting a new esc when I get the motor
It has a 3 cell 450mah battery that's no good I just cut out a little foam so my 850mah 3s will fit in it
It's made my parkflyers rc

Gazoo

It has a separate receiver but I have one to put back in for my radio and planned on getting a new esc when I get the motor
It has a 3 cell 450mah battery that's no good I just cut out a little foam so my 850mah 3s will fit in it
It's made my parkflyers rc

I think, as mentioned previously, the EMAX CF2822 with a 9X4.7 SF prop should make it fly nicely. Please let us know how it turns out and I'd love to see pics of how to went it and completed. Good luck.

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
I had that exact one!

Went brushless too. Just be aware, that plane is really hard to fly and snap rolls like .... yeah. :black_eyed:

It needs 500g+ of thrust to have enough power to fly at all well.

Abe