P40 Build

moke

Just got my P40 kit with C power pack. This will be my second FT build. I completed Scout and loved it. Really impressed again with quality of the kit and the engine pack, as well as video build instructions and support. Great way to spend lock down time!

moke

Day 1 on my P40. This is definitely not going to last me until April 30th!!. So far so good. Using plastic tape to help clean up seams.

Attachments

• p40 day 1.jpg
    p40 day 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Winglet

moke,

You know how to pick winners. The Scout and the P40 are a couple of FT's very best flying airplanes. In fact I heard Josh Bixler say that the Scout is his all time favorite. I have 2 Scouts and a P40. Fly both a lot!

moke

moke,

You know how to pick winners. The Scout and the P40 are a couple of FT's very best flying airplanes. In fact I heard Josh Bixler say that the Scout is his all time favorite. I have 2 Scouts and a P40. Fly both a lot!

introduced to both and got to fly both before I bought them. I am relatively new to RC so these are both pretty mellow and fun to learn with

Scary

Been on and off with r.c planes since 92.started with the Midwest aero star 40, there p51 and strangest one u.s aircore Colt 40, built with plastic that looks like cardboard put together like the ft kits. Started with foam electric in 2011 with the fun cub and a few bnfs . I really missed the building part of the hobby. Last may I saw the ft kits thought what a joke hot glue, popsicle sticks, barbecue skewers . Then I remembered the u.s aircore Colt 40 , which flew pritty decent. So picked up the ft scout, these kits have really bought back the enjoyment of building and being creative .7 more since and a plus they fly decent.

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_191112732.jpg
    IMG_20200328_191112732.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

moke

Still have the us aircore Colt 40
Still have the us aircore Colt 40
Been on and off with r.c planes since 92.started with the Midwest aero star 40, there p51 and strangest one u.s aircore Colt 40, built with plastic that looks like cardboard put together like the ft kits. Started with foam electric in 2011 with the fun cub and a few bnfs . I really missed the building part of the hobby. Last may I saw the ft kits thought what a joke hot glue, popsicle sticks, barbecue skewers . Then I remembered the u.s aircore Colt 40 , which flew pritty decent. So picked up the ft scout, these kits have really bought back the enjoyment of building and being creative .7 more since and a plus they fly decent.

I started with E Flite Cub and Timber. Glad I did, although expensive. Both helped me get into the sport etc. Had a couple of guys at our field doing flite test and was intrigued enough to try it. I agree...really has brought a lot of satisfaction and fun to the entire sport