P40 by thunder tiger

Harley

Hey guys,
I was down at my local club the other day when one of the members came up to me and very generously gave me a P40 by tt. It looks a bit second hand, with more than a few cosmetic upgrades required, but also it's just the body and servo's. Could anybody help me by suggesting a good system to put in this plane, such as motor, esc and battery to suit? I'm looking to buy this all from hobbyking so links to the products would be fantastic! I've also got a P47D from tt here ready to go, haven't maiden'd it yet, got a bit of sentimental value to me and want to make sure I'm absolutely ready to fly it first, so this second hand P40 will make a great test plane and spare parts if worse comes to worse.
:)

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
For everyone not familiar with the plane:

Width: 864mm
Length: 738mm
wingarea: 14.6dm²
weight: 500g
Poersystem: Brushless Motor OBL 2828/09

What you´ll need:
- 2 Micro Servos Best# 8117 (at least that is what the homepage says)
- 12 A Flugregeler BLC 12 Best# 8026
- 9.6V AAA 600mAh 8-Zellen Akku Pack Best# 2945
or Lipo Akku LiPo 3S1P 11,1V 1050mAh Best# 2804

I´d recommend you to go on Hobbyking and look for some equivalent stuff. Try to keep the weight on all the components the same as the ones used by TT.

Also look it up in a forum, where other people have actually flown it and the have tips for you on its problems.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Hey guys,
I was down at my local club the other day when one of the members came up to me and very generously gave me a P40 by tt. It looks a bit second hand, with more than a few cosmetic upgrades required, but also it's just the body and servo's. Could anybody help me by suggesting a good system to put in this plane, such as motor, esc and battery to suit? I'm looking to buy this all from hobbyking so links to the products would be fantastic! I've also got a P47D from tt here ready to go, haven't maiden'd it yet, got a bit of sentimental value to me and want to make sure I'm absolutely ready to fly it first, so this second hand P40 will make a great test plane and spare parts if worse comes to worse.
:)

Do you have some pictures?

Harley

Do you have some pictures?
IMAG0016.JPG IMAG0017.JPG IMAG0018.JPG

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Sweet as! I've heard about people giving away planes at clubs, but usually they're either dogs (the planes that is) or extensively crashed... Looks like you got a gem there. A little paint and a big red spinner and that's a beauty! Especially with a flitetest sticker or two ;)

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Sweet as! I've heard about people giving away planes at clubs, but usually they're either dogs (the planes that is) or extensively crashed... Looks like you got a gem there. A little paint and a big red spinner and that's a beauty! Especially with a flitetest sticker or two ;)

Sometimes people just have a full fleet and they want to clear out some stuff. Also, people enjoy seeing their old plane fly again and it's good to help out a new pilot.

I never got a free plane, but I did get a 77" nitro cub in flying condition minus the receiver for a hundred bucks because he was making space and saving money for a big 3D nitro plane.

IMAG0751.jpg

It was ugly and missing a few things but it flew great. It was actually the only reason I started getting into nitro planes.

It looks a little better now.
2011-07-13_21-39-40_328.jpg

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I would go with a bit more horsepower. You can always fly at less throttle but it's good to have it. 've never had a plane and wished I had less power.

Turnigy Easy Match Park 450 motor
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19036__Turnigy_Park450_Brushless_Outrunner_1200kv.html

Nanotech 3S 1000 or 1300
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11901__Turnigy_nano_tech_1000mah_3S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

20 amp esc, I have had good luck with this one
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__6457__Hobbyking_SS_Series_18_20A_ESC.html

I hear the plush's are really good too.

The HXT 900's would be a good choice as mentioned before.

The Orange RX's have been fool proof for me if you have that type of radio.

Harley

Thank you everyone, I'm on hobbyking at this very moment looking at all the different parts that were suggested and working out which ones to buy. Once I've got it all together and ready to go, I'll post more pics and maybe even a video with a list of what i put in the plane, and i hope some day in the future i can help you guys out like you all helped me. Thanks again!!!