P47 scratch build - successful maiden!

The Fopster

Master member
Finished a scratch built P47 last week. FT brown foamboard, 3s 2200mah battery and a 1200kv 2830 motor with a 10x6 prop. Finally had some calm weather today so maiden was this morning. After a scary ride before I got it trimmed it flew really nicely. I'm a noob pilot but with the throws dialled back it was a pussycat and looks great in the air. Phew - I can relax. A few adjustments to make but should be a great addition to the hangar!
IMG_20200205_105802498.jpg

The Fopster

Master member
I'll ask my daughter to film me next time! If it helps I've got pictures of it covered in mud from winter belly landing.

What's next? Original own design using master series techniques. I was planning a Spitfire, but then John Overstreet did one. So I changed my plan to Mosquito. But then...

So I'm keeping it secret in case that stops Mr Overstreet's laser powered aircraft factory from crashing the party! If it works out I'll share it!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I'll ask my daughter to film me next time! If it helps I've got pictures of it covered in mud from winter belly landing.

What's next? Original own design using master series techniques. I was planning a Spitfire, but then John Overstreet did one. So I changed my plan to Mosquito. But then...

So I'm keeping it secret in case that stops Mr Overstreet's laser powered aircraft factory from crashing the party! If it works out I'll share it!
Another warbird?

DAWNSIGHT4

Yeah I would honestly love to see a maiden! I have been wanting to do this build for a while, I am working on the corsair first, but would love to see more of the community flying this plane!