Painting Aircraft

raptor3dpilot

Have you guys done a show on how you guys paint your aircraft and different was of doing it? After watching the Baby Blender build video today, I'd love to know how you did the paint job for it, the colors looked amazing. Was it rattle can or airbrush? I think you guys should do a show on painting techniques and how to mask the areas off as you are painting.

Thanks for everything that FT does!

Mirabile Visu

Great idea. I've done the Nutball, FT Fler, Delta, and the Funbat, and they all don't look as good as in the FliteTest videos......

Carbon

Elemental Madness
airbrush, spraypaint, colored packing tape. I used spray paint on my super cub once, it didn't melt but did peel off pretty easy. I use colored packing tape on all my scratchbuilds.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
+1 on the colored packing tape!
I also like to use prismatic vinyl tape or paper. Craft stores sometime have the holographic stuff and paperstreetplastics store on ebay is aslo a good source.

tramsgar

Agreed, and I think I'm repeating myself, show us some awesome painting techniques! "Weathered plane" mostly showed what you could do, not how. I'm a klutz when it comes to anything fluid (glue, paint, etc...) and all help is appreciated =).

earthsciteach

Here's something I learned today: Krylon fusion CAN be used on extruded polystyrene, but be VERY careful in its application. My suggestion is to seal the foam with Minwax Polycrylic first. Doesn't add that much weight if you apply light coats.

Metalbat

Give both Josh's a plane each and see how the go. What they use and how it turns out. That could be fun and educational.