Painting Over Packing Tape

jross

I use minwax for dollar tree board, available at Canadian tire and home hardware. Wipe on, wipe off.
I bought a can of the oil based version at Canadian Tire this winter. Haven't used it yet. The wife wasn't keen on volatile compounds wafting around the house. Not a team player. But now it's warm enough I can use my unheated shop. To heck with her. Who does she think she is? There's a float/fly sponsored by my RC club in two weeks. Building an Otter and Cub on floats. Thinking seriously about this waterproofing issue. Never flown off water. Bringing a canoe.

Wax on. Wax off.

Last edited:

Headbang

Master member
I bought a can of the oil based version at Canadian Tire this winter. Haven't used it yet. The wife wasn't keen on volatile compounds wafting around the house. Not a team player. But now it's warm enough I can use my unheated shop. To heck with her. Who does she think she is? There's a float/fly sponsored by my RC club in two weeks. Building an Otter and Cub on floats. Never flown off water.
Bringing a canoe.
Lol I minwax in the basement, fumes are minor.

newTOpro

Thanks all. The packing tape does help strengthen things and adds weight (which is good for when it's windy). It's a pain at times but where it's white I just use clear tape so the whole frame is covered. I am looking for an airbrush though as I have a Corsair kit with the water resistant foam waiting to be built but I'm also waiting fro Tim Lee on the Facebook group to share his techniques.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I have a few different colors of wing tape from HK that I will use to wrap certain things , thinner and lighter then packing tape and still adds a ton of strength.