Painting the Flitetes swappable kits?

SKT

I'm considering a Versa-Wing and was wondering what people are using to paint their purchased swappable kits with?

I will add I am in Australia so I'm guessing I'm not going to get hold of some of the specific brands of painting products almost every one else in the world seems to get there hands on so I guess generic types of paints or ingredients would be more helpful. I'd always test on some scrap before applying to a complete plane but all info saves heartache and $$$.

Thx.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
If you first paint with non water based (water based paints will otherwise warp the paper of the foam board) polyurethane (wipe on then wipe off right away then let dry overnight and repeat for the other side) then you can use just about any paint you have available. Otherwise very thin multiple coats from spray paint at about 18" from the target. I am currently playing with airbrushing my builds.

Thurmond

SKT

If you first paint with non water based (water based paints will otherwise warp the paper of the foam board) polyurethane (wipe on then wipe off right away then let dry overnight and repeat for the other side) then you can use just about any paint you have available. Otherwise very thin multiple coats from spray paint at about 18" from the target. I am currently playing with airbrushing my builds.

Thurmond

Thx Thurmond. I think the long range multiple spray style suits my skills.

Discos_Dead

Despite my best efforts, I still had some of the paper on my Fogey negatively affected by spray paint. Next build I plan to try a coat of polyurethane first.

MrClean

Tell ya what, I found out how non sealed planes react to a moist air environment in Ohio last weekend. My LzB "Old Fogey" was making nice gentle turns around the bean patch about 150 feet up when the wing just folded up and I spiraled in. Broke my propelor not to mention needing a new wing.

Oh well, live and learn. I was actually flying my spare wing just didn't have any more of the right size prop.

That paper is the strength of these wings, keep it safe.