Painting with light night shots.

kansasvmax94

Please post your shots from night painting with light. Long exposure times, etc. Making art with RC planes, lights, and photography. This is a response thread to Rexican's article on "Painting with Light".

I took these shots of a friend's Neptune flying wing by Techone from NitroPlanes.com that he decked out with LEDs. Shots were taken at the last light of the evening. Probably 5-10 minutes before the sky became totally dark. 30 Second long exposure on tripod with a pretty wide angle camera lense.
http://flitetest.com/articles/painting-with-light

Attachments

• DSC_7822.jpg
    DSC_7822.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • DSC_7854.jpg
    DSC_7854.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_7856.jpg
    DSC_7856.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • DSC_7858.jpg
    DSC_7858.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 59

lonewolf7717

Oddly enough this is not done often.....supremely awesome man! Got me looking through my B&H catalog now though.

kansasvmax94

Thanks pgerts and lonewolf. I just got into RC about 8 months ago but have been struggling with a photography addiction for years!

aldalo

Alan
Very Nice !
Here are some of my tricopter. Still have a lot to learn.
Sony a230 , manual mode, f5, iso100, 25 sec. exposure
I need to fly further away from camera. DSC01013a.jpg DSC01009a.jpg DSC01010a.jpg DSC01011a.jpg DSC01012a.jpg

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I haven't tried night flying yet, but long exposure is also great for taking pictures of lightening at night.

P1010270.JPG

P1010272.JPG

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Lightning and fireworks! I have quite a few good shots, but not on this computer...

epicstrikard

Actual Pilot, RC Idiot
I've done this before at fourth of July parties with friends, but never with an RC. Always with sparklers and glow sticks. This is a MUST TRY. I want to do a 1-2 minute shutter speed at night and do some 3d while the picture is being taken. You could get some VERY cool corkscrews.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Really nice man im really gonna have to try this some time. Never thought about doing it with rc. nice work and great idea

MesoChaser

Awesome shots!

Needless to say...seeing photography like this truly gives me the desire to get off my butt and do some night light painting! Haven't done it with my quad yet...but here's my first attempt! I need to get out to my folks property where there's a lot more space! DroneLightPaint_2 copy.jpg DroneLightPaint_3 copy.jpg