Help! Pan tilt fpv

Mandoman21

I’m currently trying to install a DIY pan tilt camera mount on one of my airplanes. I am also using FatShark focal dvrs and a spectrum dx6e transmitter.

Here’s my issue:
When I plug in the two servos that control the pan tilt mechanism into their respective ports, gear and aux1 ports, the entire plane buzzes and makes noise after I plug in the battery.

No control services work and only the throttle/prop is responding.

I’ve check to make sure all the servos work independently of each other one at a time and they do.

The control services work when I don’t have the gear and aux ports plugged in(no pan tilt).
I’m very confused and have tried deleting the model from my transmitter and rebounding. And it doesn’t work.
As soon as I plug in the battery the whole plane starts buzzing. Sounds like it’s coming from the servos?
Thanks for any input.

Boberticus

maybe a Brownout? there might be too much current draw, so the BEC supplied voltage will sag and this will make some stuff go all wonky,

how many servos do you have plugged in, what type are they, and what is your BEC on your ESC rated for in amps?

Mandoman21

maybe a Brownout? there might be too much current draw, so the BEC supplied voltage will sag and this will make some stuff go all wonky,

how many servos do you have plugged in, what type are they, and what is your BEC on your ESC rated for in amps?
i have all 6 ports filled on my spectrum AR620 receiver. So 6 servos. They are flite test 9g servos that come with power packs. Bec is rated for 3A

Mandoman21

I think I need to get a higher amperage bec. I took out elevator and rudder and the mechanism worked without buzzing. I think I’m overloading it with all the servos.

Mandoman21

Put the mechanism on my F-22, only uses elevons so there won’t be excess load on the bec. I’ll try this until the separate 10A bec arrives for the Corsair

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0