Paper Airplanes to RC the Challenge

kilroy07

Legendary member
Did the cg calculations which comes up at 13.85" from the LE and as it sits it is about 18.5" so she will need a little nose weight. I don't think a paper clip will do. ;)
Most of the old Estes boost gliders had the rocket on a post above the wing but pretty far forward, you could try something like that.
Don’t recall if they ejected the motor or not... shouldn’t matter with the size of these things!

mayan

Legendary member
You all are great and I want to thank you for taking part in this challenge boy this is going to be fun. I might change the one I built to a different model which has a wider wing thus more lift. Will work on it again tomorrow during my night shift :).

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
my attempt. CG is the real issue and keeping things as light as possible.

20200126_160515.jpg
20200126_163447.jpg

hope to have it ready for saturday but we will see.

laters,

me :cool:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Lol I got maxed out today and went to the boneyard and chucked some stuff out. I cleaned out my room to accommodate 5 airplanes on my desk and a couple I plan on working on in the near future (Valiant longEZ, Arrowhead, Simple stick, and EAF edge.). The planes on my desk are the bushwacker, Evangel V2, mini edge, FT-3D, and 2D 3D bipe. I’m not sure how much building I’ll be able to get done cause I really don’t feel like building or working on anything at the moment. I just want to fly more and build less. I will be doing the rc paper airplane though.

Wildthing

Legendary member
Lol I got maxed out today and went to the boneyard and chucked some stuff out. I cleaned out my room to accommodate 5 airplanes on my desk and a couple I plan on working on in the near future (Valiant longEZ, Arrowhead, Simple stick, and EAF edge.). The planes on my desk are the bushwacker, Evangel V2, mini edge, FT-3D, and 2D 3D bipe. I’m not sure how much building I’ll be able to get done cause I really don’t feel like building or working on anything at the moment. I just want to fly more and build less. I will be doing the rc paper airplane though.
You guys and your challenges and rattling off 10 planes a day you will burn yourself out and won't want to build period. Fly and put building onhold for a bit or just set yourself a limit to only 1 plane every 2 weeks or something like that.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
You guys and your challenges and rattling off 10 planes a day you will burn yourself out and won't want to build period. Fly and put building onhold for a bit or just set yourself a limit to only 1 plane every 2 weeks or something like that.
Yeah, I think that’s what I’ll do.