• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Park Scale Models Monocoupe 90a Maiden

Turbojoe

I bought this kit from Zeke at ParkScaleModels.com way back in 2007. I don't even remember when I completed the build but when I did it came out so nice I kept it 100% ready to fly but as just a display piece all these years. I finally took her out today for her maiden flight. (YouTube video below). Aside from wanting just a wee bit more power I'm very happy. While she's fully loaded with flaps I didn't try flaps on the maiden. Now that I know she flys she may or may not end up as a display piece again. I have opened up the PSM Cessna 182 kit I bought many years ago and plan to work on that build until the next WillyNillies kit that I want is released. (Doug knows which one ;)).

Joe

IMG_2919.JPG IMG_2921.JPG IMG_2924.JPG

Turbojoe

Thanks Doug. Even though it's a pretty basic scheme it's my most ambitious covering/painting job to date. I surprised myself on that one. I'm happy that it flew well but I also love the overall golden age look of the plane. It just may end up as a display piece again. I'm doing the Cessna 182 next. Hopefully it'll turn out as nice and it can be a display too. Maybe I'll have it done before you release the next kit I'm waiting for from you. ;)

Joe

BATTLEAXE

I bought this kit from Zeke at ParkScaleModels.com way back in 2007. I don't even remember when I completed the build but when I did it came out so nice I kept it 100% ready to fly but as just a display piece all these years. I finally took her out today for her maiden flight. (YouTube video below). Aside from wanting just a wee bit more power I'm very happy. While she's fully loaded with flaps I didn't try flaps on the maiden. Now that I know she flys she may or may not end up as a display piece again. I have opened up the PSM Cessna 182 kit I bought many years ago and plan to work on that build until the next WillyNillies kit that I want is released. (Doug knows which one ;)).

Joe

View attachment 159656 View attachment 159657 View attachment 159658
That looks like a Cub, Kitfox, an Edge and Beaver had a love child. Sweet looking plane. Gonna watch the video now

BATTLEAXE

Joe

View attachment 159656 View attachment 159657 View attachment 159658
She is cute, Nice little trainer craft

TooJung2Die

Beautiful airplane Joe. Congratulations for dusting it off and getting her out for a successful maiden flight after all those years. I have one airplane that I only fly for special occasions. When you put that much love into a build it's scary when you fly them but you must fly them!

Turbojoe

Thanks guys. She really needs at least another 20+ watts and a lot more aileron throw. 50 watts at 11 ounces AUW means flying mostly at full throttle. It's scale like but I prefer to have a little more power in the bank in case of a wind gust etc. I never even tried the flaps as there was no need for them. I need to add some red stripes to the wheel pants to really finish it off. For now she's back to display duty. I still have a few other planes to maiden that have been waiting for months/years.

Joe