Parkzone Albatros D.Va

That's one of the Parkzone planes I wish I would have bought! I almost pulled the trigger on one, told myself to wait, and next thing I knew they were all gone..... Great looking plane!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Mine has seen a little bit of action but it still looks great. Should be interesting to fly.

I've spotted some photos with them sporting skis... Very tempted.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
Mine has seen a little bit of action but it still looks great. Should be interesting to fly.

I've spotted some photos with them sporting skis... Very tempted.

I just realized this thread had a 4 year gap. That's cool. And the Vintage Aviator page mentioned previously has a really cool story about building a full scale working Albatross replica.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Skis installed and swapped out the DSM2 receiver for a DSMX.

Hoping for some decent weather soon to try the plane out.

IMG_7617.jpg IMG_7623.jpg IMG_7624.jpg IMG_7626.jpg IMG_7628.jpg IMG_7629.jpg IMG_7630.jpg

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Booo

Had my maiden flight on Sunday.

Was going great, really enjoying the plane when suddenly I lost power/control.

Tried to bring her home but ended up nosing over.

Damage was pretty light considering what happened.

Repairs underway and I'm swapping out the ESC and RX to be safe.

IMG_9236.JPG IMG_9239.JPG IMG_9240.JPG

Paul-H

Its a shame they stopped making these and the SE5a great nice to fly planes gone down in history in more ways than one.

Perhaps we need an online petition to persuade the makers their is enough interest to start producing them again.

Paul

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I just picked up a well loved Parkzone Albatros this weekend! Just need to install a receiver and switch out the battery connector - parts seem to be very scarce, so I hope I don't do too much more damage to her. She's already got some rough patches on the wings, and a winkled up nose.