Parkzone Albatros D.Va

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
It's amazing how every WWI German plane is painted in Red Baron colors. I'm confused, did Germany only have one pilot in the war?

TLMARK

Yeah I know what you mean I guess its like all the "Hun hunter" P47's and "old crow" p-51's I'm just grateful it wasn't a Triplane again!

fwa2500

Ramp Rat
atleast its not ALL red like my flyzone micro albatros, lol. (which wont be red for much longer)

Klonas

Haven't seen a red baron biplane... but

The plane itself looks really nice in the air and by the looks of the video flies nice :)

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
It's amazing how every WWI German plane is painted in Red Baron colors. I'm confused, did Germany only have one pilot in the war?
Good question - if someone had asked me for pilot names - Richthofen, Biggles and Rutan would be my answers ;-)

fwa2500

Ramp Rat
Translation: I'd have liked to see them nose over.

so a typical botched landing in WWI then

029-albatros-bii-844-15-crash.preview.jpg

:D

(check out that site on the image if you like WWI aircraft, ive been following their work for a few years now and it is AMAZING)

WarbirdFan66

go Alabatros, or not hmmm

I dont know how it flys but it looks kind of nice, i like it, and with a little bit of paint im sure it can be turned into a really cool looking Plane...dont like the red baron scheme much myself...still i like the Albatros, its a great looking plane if you ask me...
parkzone-albatros-dva-wwi-bnf7507.jpg
...but i doubt that it would be a good plane for me. I dont think it will do much good on grass, and i dont like to see my planes noseover on take off or landing, hate that. The gear looks scale but a little to close to the CoG to prevent her from going on her nose i think...but maybe im wrong... at least i hope so (time and youtube will tell ;))...it is a damn nice plane with lots of scale features, mock-up motor, mashineguns and stuff, it even has a nice pilot - as i said, i like it.

-damn spelling is so hard-:confused:

Last edited:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
View attachment 2932
...but i doubt that it would be a good plane for me. I dont think it will do much good on grass, and i dont like to see my planes noseover on take off or landing, hate that. The gear looks scale but a little to close to the CoG to prevent her from going on her nose i think...but maybe im wrong...
One would think the PZ SE5a would nose over all the time but all the videos I've seen of people flying on grass fields it takes off and lands just fine. Hopefully this one won't be any different. Still...why buy this for $250 when you can buy the 76" Tiger Moth from Nitro Planes for less than $200! :confused:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/tiger-moth-arf-rc-bipe-aircraft.html

WarbirdFan66

Tiger Moth vs. SE5a

...Hopefully this one won't be any different. Still...why buy this for $250 when you can buy the 76" Tiger Moth from Nitro Planes for less than $200! :confused:...

Havent seen many grass take off and landing on the SE5a, and the two i actually saw (youtube) ended up on the nose on landing. The plane seems to have a very light tail or maybe it was just the one i saw, guess i have to try by myself.

And about the Moth, well it is a nice plane, no doubts there, but still there are a few problems with it too...at least from my side of few...

1. Its a very big plane, hard to transport with my tiny tiny car.
2. I guess i have to show you a few pics of our flying field here, its a challenge to fly there to say the least, specially with a plane that size, and weight.
3. I probably need new lipos becasue the biggest one i have in use now are 4s packs, and i doubt that that would be enough for the Moth, looks more like say 6s, and gas/nitro is no alternativ, because its not allowed here, you have to go to and rc-club-flyingfield to do that, and i dont wanna do that, closest one is a 40 minutes drive you know. Next public rc-field is less then 10 min. away.
4. And i would love to buy from Nitro Planes (and not only the Moth) but thats also not that easy, 200$ for the plane + about 150$ for oversea-shipping, probably another 70-80$ for taxes and customs, then change everything into euro with a factor of, lets say 1,28, and you end up with round about 335,93 Euro, and i guess thats just for the kit right...sound like a little bit more then for the Parkzone Bird which they sell for about 149,- Euro (PNP) around here.

Still i can see why you like the Moth, looks fantastic and its a real plane, balsa and everything, not puffed up foam. Dont get me wrong i like my foamies because i can use them around here with ease, and i doubt that i could do that with a real (balsa-plane).

I would love to fly a nice Hawker Hurricane for example, specially after i saw the first videos of the e-flite one on youtube yesterday :(.

So i guess that were enough excuses for not buying the Moth :D, didnt wanted to turn this in to a novel.

TLMARK

My SE5 does nose over but it's more down to the fact I fly it from a football pitch, and it's pretty bumpy so if it catches a divot

I think with some nice wood effects on the fuse the stock paint job could look really nice

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
And about the Moth, well it is a nice plane, no doubts there, but still there are a few problems with it too...at least from my side of few...

1. Its a very big plane, hard to transport with my tiny tiny car.
2. I guess i have to show you a few pics of our flying field here, its a challenge to fly there to say the least, specially with a plane that size, and weight.
3. I probably need new lipos becasue the biggest one i have in use now are 4s packs, and i doubt that that would be enough for the Moth, looks more like say 6s, and gas/nitro is no alternativ, because its not allowed here, you have to go to and rc-club-flyingfield to do that, and i dont wanna do that, closest one is a 40 minutes drive you know. Next public rc-field is less then 10 min. away.
4. And i would love to buy from Nitro Planes (and not only the Moth) but thats also not that easy, 200$ for the plane + about 150$ for oversea-shipping, probably another 70-80$ for taxes and customs, then change everything into euro with a factor of, lets say 1,28, and you end up with round about 335,93 Euro, and i guess thats just for the kit right...sound like a little bit more then for the Parkzone Bird which they sell for about 149,- Euro (PNP) around here.
I was just throwing that out there b/c it seems ParkZone is kind of overpriced in my opinion.

WarbirdFan66

good value for money, but not cheap

I was just throwing that out there b/c it seems ParkZone is kind of overpriced in my opinion.

I think i know what you mean but i would not say overpriced, good value for money and i dont mean cheap...i mean look at HobbyKing for example, they build nice planes, and they are relativly cheap too (cheaper the Parkzone), but there are some down sides at times.
Sometimes you dont get a manual, the CoG is of, the Parts dont fit that good, the ESC are to smal, loose decals, cables, screw and such, and sometimes you cant get any spare parts, and i dont mean for a new plane, i mean not ever :(.
Never had that on a Parkzone plane, so i think their products are not cheap but the price is ok when i think about it that way.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
An Albatros D.Va and a SEa5 followed me home today.

The SEa5 is off to a friend but the Albatros is mine mine mine.

IMG_7592.jpg IMG_7598.jpg

airhawk

Crashing Ace
Andre that fleet is huge now the most im adding to mine(you know why) is a fpv nano qx(tomorrow possibly) and a tundra (in June)

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Andre that fleet is huge now the most im adding to mine(you know why) is a fpv nano qx(tomorrow possibly) and a tundra (in June)

What can I say the price was right and I've wanted a WWI bird for a while.