Part 3 - How to Design DTFB Planes

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor

DH-88 development stops and we continue on with a Clipped wing Spitfire. This video covers wing design – we explore wing tip under camber, airfoil, spars and more.

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
What's this talk about a DH-88? Is this going to be built?!?

Yep. I started my series with it but decided to not focus on it for the tutorial as its a bit more complicated than a traditional plane.

Check out part 1 and 2 to see the DH-88.

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Yep. I started my series with it but decided to not focus on it for the tutorial as its a bit more complicated than a traditional plane.

Check out part 1 and 2 to see the DH-88.

Very nice there nic great work. Im getting my computer worked on and upgraded so hopefully i can get to designs some planes with you...

Hmm DH-88 that would be a out right monster with two racing motors on it i can just imagine the sound of it ripping by;)

Rames

Awesome tips Nic. This series is the bomb. I can't wait to get started on my first scratch build: TBD Devastator. A quick tip for you using Photoshop: When you have the rotate layer tool on, you can move the centroid right on to the corner you want to rotate on. Like when you matched the bottom wing to the top. You can just move the centroid to the lower left corner on the top wings leading edge and rotate without having to go back and forth.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Very nice there nic great work. Im getting my computer worked on and upgraded so hopefully i can get to designs some planes with you...

Hmm DH-88 that would be a out right monster with two racing motors on it i can just imagine the sound of it ripping by;)

Sounds good man. Yeah the D-88 is gonna be a beast. I'm gonna design it to work with two NTM 35-36 1800kv o.o

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Awesome tips Nic. This series is the bomb. I can't wait to get started on my first scratch build: TBD Devastator. A quick tip for you using Photoshop: When you have the rotate layer tool on, you can move the centroid right on to the corner you want to rotate on. Like when you matched the bottom wing to the top. You can just move the centroid to the lower left corner on the top wings leading edge and rotate without having to go back and forth.

Oh man this is a great tip, thank you! I will definitely be using this from now on, haha.

Jaxx

Started playing with Inkscape. This was an awesome tutorial. It answered so many questions about the wing design. Thanks Nic!

JohnRambozo

Sounds good man. Yeah the D-88 is gonna be a beast. I'm gonna design it to work with two NTM 35-36 1800kv o.o

Wow, a beast for sure. That's another beautiful plane. I have yet to venture into twin engine territory. I bet its fun!

I have to agree with whoever said you're a real asset to the community. Your first build video, along with the experience of building your nnBucker gave me the confidence to design the H-1. So thanks for that!

I'm sure plenty of others that might need a little help getting started will find your videos extremely helpful.

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Wow, a beast for sure. That's another beautiful plane. I have yet to venture into twin engine territory. I bet its fun!

I have to agree with whoever said you're a real asset to the community. Your first build video, along with the experience of building your nnBucker gave me the confidence to design the H-1. So thanks for that!

I'm sure plenty of others that might need a little help getting started will find your videos extremely helpful.

That's the best I could hope for. If I can inspire others to try something new or help them enjoy the hobby a little more than I would call that a success :) so thank you for sharing that.