parts missing ?

crashmaniac

In March this year I purchased from HK a beautiful DH Tiger Moth RAF 912mm (PNF) kit.

I have only just got a chance to start assembling it.

Unfortunately, I have found it has a number of small essential parts of the undercarriage missing,

All the parts were sealed in a plastic bag so they haven't just been lost. Please help me how do I make contact

with HK ?

I believe they have been missed or left out when the kit was being assembled into the box.

How can I get another bag or set of undercarriage parts so I can replace what is missing ?

it cannot be finished without these parts. :( ( incidentally there were no assembly instructions supplied either )

I am not sure if the Australian HK Warehouse have these parts, although they do currently sell this aircraft.

It sure would be easier if they did, as they could forward them quite easily, but I cannot contact them directly

& I cannot find a list of parts anywhere on the main site or the Australian site

Also, where do I buy parts from should I damage the plane anyway ??

looking forward to your help, I am happy to pay for a new bag of bits, so I can complete this great model.

Cheers,

Ian

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Ian your best bet it to touch basis with HK Support. The Aussie warehouse is usually pretty good but the process can sometimes be time consuming. If its a foam model then if you do happen to break it, the repairs are pretty easy and they usually come up looking fine. My tip is try to avoid breaking it ;)

crashmaniac

Ian your best bet it to touch basis with HK Support. The Aussie warehouse is usually pretty good but the process can sometimes be time consuming. If its a foam model then if you do happen to break it, the repairs are pretty easy and they usually come up looking fine. My tip is try to avoid breaking it ;)

thanks I will try to do that obviously, buy sometimes shit happens though. I don't know if we can even contact the Australian Warehouse, they seem to travel incognito :) there is no designated contact info for Australia I believe ?
my main concern is getting the parts not supplied & of course, knowing that I can secure parts for repairs if required ?
can anybody tell me why HK doesn't answer all these problems I'm reading of poor communication & service delay issues.
if it were a regular business it would be going backwards real fast. seems Anthony needs to employ better CS people or management IMO

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
It's a known issue with HobbyKing... their service is usually worthless. But that's the price you (don't) pay for buying stuff from them. They don't include customer service fees in their prices.

You are best off trying to make the missing parts yourself. What exactly is missing?

bmsweb

Site Moderator
It's a known issue with HobbyKing... their service is usually worthless. But that's the price you (don't) pay for buying stuff from them.
I agree with Colorex, I've in fact purchased 2 FPV cameras from HK that were both DOA. I got a refund on one but never bothered with the second one. I still buy heaps of things from them and that's mainly due to the savings I get.

crashmaniac

ok, I suppose I could make up something,
but hey isn't reasonable to think you could buy parts for what you buy ?

HK CS answered an email sent to them with :

We are sorry to learn that items are missing from your order. Our warehouse utilizes barcode id, product scanning, RFID security, final item counting and parcel weight recording to ensure each order is full and correct. We take our shipping and dispatch accuracy very seriously.

To open a claim file for you, you must do the following within 48 hours of receiving the parcel.

1) DO NOT throw any of the packaging or product materials away. Keep the entire package 100% as you received it.
2) Weigh your parcel and its content. You can use a kitchen scale for this. It must be accurate to 5g.
3) Photograph the parcel and its contents. The photo must show products, parcel and packing materials clearly with the following information:

Order ID:
Parcel Weight:
Missing item(s):
Attach photos of the parcel and contents, as stipulated above.

* Failure to follow the procedures above will result in a rejection of the claim.

a very generic " let's make it hard to claim " answer IMO & in no way addresses my issue or request to buy a new bag of parts, WTF ?
hahaha, how could taking fotos of package after it's been excitedly ripped apart if I still had it that is, with it placed on a kitchen scale with all the other parts of the kit, all within 48 hours of receipt of email, could possible detect a few milligram plastic bits were missing ?

incidentally I really don't like the insinuation that I am a liar or I might be trying to do anyone ? parts are missing, not lost, & never, IMO correctly counted when assembling the parts into a bag before it was heat sealed.
Please note I am not expecting any freebies , very willing to pay as stated. Which was totally overlooked by CS in reply ?
I sort of feel that the CS people don't quite understand much about the products or correctly reading english :)

Last edited: