PBY Catalina, an overambitious second build.

Battery800

Elite member
So the order got delayed a few days but now parts are on the way. Maybe a maiden flight the weekend after next. I went with a F power pack (more or less).

@Battery800 how's your progress?
I’ve decided to redo this since this is pretty much my first Scratch build without instructions and there’s a lot of mistakes I’ve made. Hopefully I’ll be satisfied with the new version

Battery800

Elite member
How to tail?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Mckee

I got almost everything I need except the battery pack (whoops), and the y adapter that I *think* goes from there receiver channel one to the ESCs AND the battery I ordered from Amazon has the wrong connector on it. Mixed success.

Attachments

• image-20200721_210507.jpg
    image-20200721_210507.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mckee

I did clean up on the wiring, and did a limited maiden flight. Needless to say I crashed the plane (its fine), and it flies better than I do. Its GREAT. Needs some cosmetic work, to repair the L motor mount, deal with wing tip crumple, and some tail modification still.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I did clean up on the wiring, and did a limited maiden flight. Needless to say I crashed the plane (its fine), and it flies better than I do. Its GREAT. Needs some cosmetic work, to repair the L motor mount, deal with wing tip crumple, and some tail modification still.
Glad to hear you got it in the air and she flies well! Nothing feels better than flying something you built! :D