PC 21 Scratch Build

Jackson T

Elite member
Congrats on the successful maiden flight!
View attachment 175140
I think YouTube might've messed up the video. It looks fuzzy, pixely. I can't see the airplane much of the time. I've had that happen after uploading to YT. Now I convert to MP4 before uploading.
Thanks for telling me, I'll give it a try. It was filmed on my dad's phone, then sent to himself on Facebook Messenger so I could access it on the family computer. When I viewed it on the computer before downloading, it was fuzzy just like it is in YT. It's very disappointing, but I'm not sure how much I can do about it. I did discover a higher resolution setting on my dad's phone afterwards though :sneaky:. I might get someone to video another flight with better camera settings (and better piloting :p). I flew it again this arvo btw, and it flies much better in calm air and when it's trimmed out nicely.

Jackson T

Elite member
Congrats on the successful maiden flight!
View attachment 175140
I think YouTube might've messed up the video. It looks fuzzy, pixely. I can't see the airplane much of the time. I've had that happen after uploading to YT. Now I convert to MP4 before uploading.
My editing software (VSDC) doesn't have MP4 as an output option. I think I selected AVI originally. I will hopefully get some better external footage, and the plan with this one is to put my GoPro and/or FPV in the cockpit, so hopefully we'll get some better footage.
I flew it again this morning. It's great for aerobatics, I even did my first successful knife edge today! It is so much fun, especially as it's capable of flying maneuvers that I can't even fly yet.

Last edited:

JeromeAu

I finally getting around to paint my RC PC-9 to the Australian Roulettes colour scheme.

Setup a work area to fit model for painting.
Work-Area-to-paint-the-PC-9.png

Applying the first coat of primer
RC-PC-9-with-first-coat-primer.png

Console and Propeller are also painted, as console been designed for 3D printing with decals added it and a Green colour to match.
Console-and-Propeller.png