Help! Pealing paper from foamboard

I tryied to do the technique that flight test did to make curved pieces and it didnt work. The specific foam board that i have doesnt like to peel. When you try and remove it it does that thing when you try to open some package with plastic at the front and cardboard on the back ( like superglue's package) and leaves a small film of paper that you have to pierce. My foamboard does that so i have to manually cut the top layer with a big razor blade. Is there a better way to do this? Can i do something to peel it off easily?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I tryied to do the technique that flight test did to make curved pieces and it didnt work. The specific foam board that i have doesnt like to peel. When you try and remove it it does that thing when you try to open some package with plastic at the front and cardboard on the back ( like superglue's package) and leaves a small film of paper that you have to pierce. My foamboard does that so i have to manually cut the top layer with a big razor blade. Is there a better way to do this? Can i do something to peel it off easily?
Try using a clothes iron on cotton setting to release the glue and allow the papers to peel. Don't leave it long in place, keep it moning. Its how I remove the paper from the Westboard made foamboard that's typically sold here in the UK.
Do some test pieces to try the technique.

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
You could try the method explained on this thread https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/quick-tip-involving-the-new-foam.32740/#post-329044

Have fun!