Phoenix RC gone now what?

docque

I purchased Phoenix RC a year or so ago. It is no longer supported. I bought the one that comes with the USB connector and radio. I was looking at RealFlight. Can I buy just the software or do I need to buy the software and cable?

d8veh

Elite member
Doesn’t your Phoenix still work? Mine's OK. I got it free with the 22 in 1 Flight Simulator Cable, which costabout $10.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I'm surprised to see Phoenix go, I guess the with Horizon buying Hobbico they only wanted to keep one but I thought it would be RealFlight that got canned.

When I fly a plane sim it's still RealFlight 7.5, I never saw the need to upgrade. If your version of Phoenix still works, I'd just stick with that rather than spend on RF.

donalson

I've played RF7.5 and not long ago got 8.0... the difference isn't huge IMHO... also not a HUGE difference between Phoenix and RF so far int eh basic flying aspect... when it gets to 3d manuvers and such though I have read RF is the better option... but I don't see myself getting that deep...

docque

I'm surprised to see Phoenix go, I guess the with Horizon buying Hobbico they only wanted to keep one but I thought it would be RealFlight that got canned.

When I fly a plane sim it's still RealFlight 7.5, I never saw the need to upgrade. If your version of Phoenix still works, I'd just stick with that rather than spend on RF.

Well since it is software and I am a Software Engineer it may just be that RealFlight had many Developers they could hire and Phoenix had none,

docque

Doesn’t your Phoenix still work? Mine's OK. I got it free with the 22 in 1 Flight Simulator Cable, which costabout $10.

It still works but what are the chances of new models being added to it? If Horizon comes out with a new plane I assume they are not putting it in Phoenix.

Bricks

Master member
there is enough people out there that have Phoenix, that the guys that can do the programing will more then likely get it done, just may take some time. Even here on Flight Test there are people putting the Flight Test planes in Phoenix

Juist read rapport on flite test workin on models for real flight . their workin hard as we are making complaints....solo brother in flights FLEA OWL says be on the look out FT WILL come thrugh for shure..........right Dan ?

It still works but what are the chances of new models being added to it? If Horizon comes out with a new plane I assume they are not putting it in Phoenix.
Ja never can tell,,i think its a reason for a super comeback with x-tra cost. Again why owners of phoenix cant get a deal with real flight...