Phoenix

PaulT

Mentor
Anyone else using this program?
I researched as much as possible and because I am running Mac's choose this.
Although it is a pc program, the Mac was easy to partition (installed a stripped down version of Vista) and
voila....no glitches and very smooth graphics (which is why Mac's were created)
Crashed thousands of dollars of planes and brought us to a new level of confidence.
Best $150.00 spent to date.

Brian fred carr

Site Moderator
Mentor
I have the phoenix software and it looks superb but i can't link it up with a transmitter because i need an interface cable.
I will get one soon and give it a go

PaulT

Mentor
I use a Spektrum Dx6i with it and it is seamless. Very very happy with
this setup. They use photo realistic fields which is nice too.

RCTakeOff

Hello,

Back in the day when I was a n00b I used Realflight4.5
Now I use Phoenix, wich is very good, but I think the king of simulators is realflight.
If you want to spend not much, buy phoenix it's nice!

JoeyG

I thought Phoenix v3 when I got the DX8. It's fab, I was using the multiplier last night, had a right laugh. Would like to see more planes though... Does anyone know if there are 3rd Party resources for new models?

J.

Jolly Swagman

I too have both Phoenix v3s and Realflight G5 they are both great simulators but RF-G5 is better for heli,s as the Physics are more realistic

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Two thumbs up for Phoenix. I live in Canberra, so when I saw it had Kambah Field in it I was amazed. The ovals there are all too frequently used for sport on weekends so it's hard to share the place with my flying buddies. It's a great experience when you do get there after flying on Phoenix; somewhat surreal. It's also one of the few places I haven't crashed my p51 ;)

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Yep, works through the training port, but because Phoenix's security is through the cable, you have to get an emulator to use it.

I'd attach it but I don't think you can through this forum. I got it from a less than reputable source too, so I won't post the link here either.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I can testify that crashes in this are 100% realistic... I was flying at (the real) Kambah Field today and hit the light pole that Phoenix usually lines you up with. No matter what I did, the reset button wouldn't work to make my p51 come back to life :(

Luka Carl

Thanks! Do i have to get the usb cable from eBay or will it work with the audio cable and some software like FMS ?

PTRogers85

One 2 FLY
I just barrowed the Phoenix from a buddy just to try it out, Normally I dont care too much for flight simulators or even video games but I was having a lot of fun with the Phoenix...I had no idea that it could support such array of transmitters even some Futuba tx would work, I thought I had to use just a Dx5 but I was happy when I could use my Dx8 instead. Im probably going to buy one now and have some fun indoors this winter.It's even better if u have your computer hooked up to your big screen tv makes it even more realistic.

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I just barrowed the Phoenix from a buddy just to try it out, Normally I dont care too much for flight simulators or even video games but I was having a lot of fun with the Phoenix...I had no idea that it could support such array of transmitters even some Futuba tx would work, I thought I had to use just a Dx5 but I was happy when I could use my Dx8 instead. Im probably going to buy one now and have some fun indoors this winter.It's even better if u have your computer hooked up to your big screen tv makes it even more realistic.

That is way better then freezing your fingers off in the winter and seeing your plane shaking because your fingers are shaking that much!

I wish I´d have a connection for my trainer port of the DX6i and USB

glydr

How many letters do we ge
I weighed the choices, counted the $$ and chose Phoenix. Even after seeing realflight 2nd hand for about what I paid I'm still happy with my choice.

Not that I'm associated with Phoenix I'd like to say please buy it properly guys. A big reason that I chose Phoenix is that updates are available 100% free across the net. New models, new software versions, the whole lot are available free for life when you put down your initial $120-$150.

With cable emulator clones cheaply available I wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix goes like real flight and makes updates available only via CD. They would have more control over who gets the software that way.

I'm not pointing fingers. Perhaps those with emulators might consider it a cheap evaluation tool and buy Phoenix with their Christmas cash when they can afford it.

Please accept this post in the good nature that its intended in.

G