Pick my next plane!

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Well my Floater jet determined that the explosive of the day is.... LiPo!:p
I lost my wings in a power dive on an 800 4 cell, and a 5X5X4 prop. Things went Boomboom.:eek:
On the bright side, chad wants sparks and such, and this counted as the explosive part.
Oh yeah, I broke 103 according to my doppler before all went boomboom!:D
The plane wasn't damaged in the explosion, as the battery was about 10 ft away.:)

earthsciteach

COOL!!!! If only it was on video....

I had the same thing happen to me a while back, without the fireworks. I was ripping my Wing Surfer around in high winds and having a great time. Suddenly, RIIIIIPPP! Both wings extracted themselves from the fuse which performed a beautiful lawn dart while said wings fluttered down like confetti in Times Square on New Year's Eve.

IamNabil

Three days left to vote! Right now we are still at

earthsciteach
corsair or zero or assassin​
randalora
beaver​
colorex
bixler​
lobstermash
teksumo​
foam addict
predator​
metalbat
zephyr​
kkarioka
clip winged cub​
mr clean
spad stick​
pgerts
spad stick​
glydr
teksumo​
Nabil
A wing?​

Which puts the wing one vote up over the spad, and drops the predator back to last place.

I am placing the order for whatever it is going to be at noon on Thursday. Right now, it is looking like the assassin (over the teksumo or other wing, because they ship from the US.)

earthsciteach

And the Assassin is awesome! We need JetPackNinja back on here to back me up with this. How many planes do you have that can take a full speed impact to the ground and still keep flying? I'll take a wild guess - 0! Yeah, the Assassin is that tough. I've proven it first hand over and over again!

There is something so freeing about being able to fly without fear of damaging your airplane. But, once you have one, you will need a flying friend with something to spar with. I can personally testify that an Assassin can slice a Bixler in half and still keep flying. Really, the kid should have known better than put that plane in the air while I was flying the Assassin. :cool:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
My official vote is for the [ultra] Spad Stick. That would be fun to build and fly. I would lean towards the ultra version b/c the 52" wing on the regular spad stick is kind of small.

robschonk

Well, if you want something BIG, try the Super Sky Surfer, but you live in VT, so I'm afraid the wings would lap into NH and NY.

http://www.bananahobby.com/super-sky-surfer-rc-sailplane-glider-arf-80099-prd1.html

image.jpg

Or the FA-18F Super Hornet:

image.jpg

Extendable leading edge slats, folding wings, opening canopy, thrust vectoring, 15 servos.....

I'd be scared to fly it. Just let my Son in Law, who maintains them at Naval Air Station Oceana, taxi it up and down the flight line and watch the reaction....

Koolest video ever, except for the little twerp wannabe at the beginning.

http://youtu.be/3w4nFQrUQ8k

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I think I will allow everyone up until this weekend a single vote change, since we were still working the rules out. As we get closer to January, I will not allow them.
Seems that you cant make up your mind ;-)

I am flying my Stick every day now - in cold or wind or rain. The motor is behind the firewall and everything is inside the plane protected from weather. For the E-hawk you need the cooling opening and it is crowded inside the body so rain might search its way to the BEC or RX - i know ;-) But it will last a lawndart or two if the soil is not to hard.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
So true. I cannot.
Me either. This is why when I find an ARF on sale I know I'll eventually want to fly I go ahead and get it and "put it in que". ARF's get discontinued rather frequently so you know when you see one go on sale for much less, it'll probably be gone before too long. There are so many planes you can't get now from only a few years ago, and many I wish I had.