Pic's of my first Quad projects. BIG THX to you all :)

capkill

Group picture :)
IMG_0159.jpg

This is my first attempt at a quad. It looks like crap, but it still flies very nice. And it is fast :) This thing has crashed in the ground a dozen times, but is easy to repair..
IMG_0160.jpg

i86 board on my first quad, small, and very easy to set up.
IMG_0161.jpg

My second attemt.
IMG_0166.jpg

My last baby :). Waiting for my first FPV setup from BEVRC.COM. I have been filming with it, and the gimbal works great, no vibrations at all. Gimbal had pan also, but removed it. I only need tilt for my first attemt. I bought a DJI NAZA autopilot kit for this setup and it works great.
IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Post some of your first attemts of quad's, and let me see how you did it. :)

nearly all of my parts are ordered at hobbyking.com.

I could not have done this without this forum as a guide, thanks.

Paal A,

Formori

Beginner Crasher
Nice progression from startup to final build model! It's nice to see how some people go about learning this stuff, and this makes it easy to follow.

I'm just building my first tricopter now, but I hope to log a lot of flying hours and maybe better builds in the future!

capkill

Thanks Formori :)

I have spend a lot of time in my mancave, figuring out different problems. But youtube and this forum have helped me a lot.

Good luck, and dont lose faith :)

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
this is my one and only quad (for now): im tweaking it for FPV atm...

quadxcopter.jpg

i have posted a video somewhere ..... found it !!

capkill

Hi KKArioKA,
This looks awsome. Very tidy and well built. :) nice job! Is it a custom frame? Can i ask you for the spec on motors, esc and prop combo?
It looks like you guys have a nice flying field.

This is a vid of my newest quad with DJI-NAZA and gimbal. Sorry for the bad quality of the video, but i'm saving up for a GoPRO.
Flying it in my garden. :)

http://vimeo.com/50848542

Last edited:

SteveOBHave

This is my first one but I've since canabalised it for parts because the ESCs were too slow for the KK controller board update speed. It flew alright but if you gave it too much stick it'd fall into oscillations and drop out of the sky. Once I get some cash I'll fire her back up again.

418817_10150689905719882_622514881_11004900_2000968164_n.jpg

Video
http://youtu.be/PuqfUq37xrA

capkill

This is my first one but I've since canabalised it for parts because the ESCs were too slow for the KK controller board update speed. It flew alright but if you gave it too much stick it'd fall into oscillations and drop out of the sky. Once I get some cash I'll fire her back up again.

418817_10150689905719882_622514881_11004900_2000968164_n.jpg

Video
http://youtu.be/PuqfUq37xrA

LOL, been there done that :) But this is the way we learn.. i've learned a lot in a short period of time by trying out diffrent setups.
Nice balcony by the way :)