Pics of some of my Swappables

LordVader

Hey Guys, here are a few of my swappables I have built. Hope you guys like them. Sorry I have no build pics, plans or anything, I am not any good at that stuff. Just now figured out how to post pics. Enjoy! Almost forgot, I need to thank Flying Penquin for the plans of the Mustang and ultramicrobe for the BF 109. Both are AWESOME! IMG_4616.JPG IMG_4617.JPG IMG_4618.JPG IMG_4619.JPG IMG_4620.JPG IMG_4621.JPG IMG_4622.JPG

LordVader

Yes I have. It's been so windy and now rainy. I've had a lot of time on my hands. I wish I could use sketch-up or some other cad program and put plans out of the Zero, F4U and the P-40. All are based off of the FT Spitfire. Just tweek some here and there and you have it. All fly great, but I crashed my P-40, so some repairs are needed before it soars again.

LordVader

Everyone of them fly Great! They are so stable and track very well. The Spit and the FW-190 have 1100kv Turnigy XP motors. The others have 1400kv Turnigy XP motors. Plenty of power, usually fly around half to 3/4 throttle. I will try to put together some kind of plans if I can. They are all so much fun to fly. To bad winter is coming.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Vader,
This is exactly how I want my Hanger to look. Great job on all, but I especially like the Zero. I use the 1400kv Turnigy XP motor on my Spit, and it's awesome. The only problem I have had with it, is the shaft seems to bend very easily. I have already replaced it twice. Has anyone else had this problem. I was using the APC style prop from HK, but any impact with the ground while landing, would result in a bent shaft. I am now using a GWS style prop to prevent this from happening. On impact, this prop should break before bending the shaft. I also cut the end of the shaft so that the prop adapter is seated right up against the bell of the motor. By the way, if you are interested in learning SketchUp, here is a link to the first in a series tutorials that have recently been posted: http://flitetest.com/articles/sketchup-for-rc-aircraft-design-tutorial-1. I am going through them right now in an attempt to learn how to design planes and convert them to plans. JasonEricAnderson did an incredible job putting these tutorials together. Good luck, and keep up the great work!

LordVader

Thanks Jaxx, I am following JasonEricAnderson's vids as well. Hopefully I can get a handle on Sketchup. I would like to be able to contribute some instead of just using all the helpful hints, tips and tricks I learn from the people in this forum and others. I haven't had any problems bending shafts upon landing. I usually flare up hard right about impact so the tail hits first. You could try prop savers, but I haven't had a lot of luck with those. The bands usually break and I loose a prop in mid flight. If you go to FRCFoamies, they have a good tip on using zip ties as landing gear. Pretty cool. Hope it helps.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
The problem is, I was landing in tall grass/weeds, so the plane would sometimes tip over, causing the prop to make contact with the ground. Once I finish this new Spit, I will have to find a nicely mowed field to land on.

LordVader

Jaxx, I have around 4 1/2 acres for a back yard. A flat field we use for hay. I have a few paths I mow thru when I do my yard. Gives me a nice walk-way when the grass is up to my waist. I also have a spot mowed out about 20' x 15' that is were I stand and try to land. Usually doesn't happen. I have thought about landing gear, but I believe it would just get ripped off. I may try it sometime. I am playing around with sketchup, thanks to JasonEricAnderson's tutorials. I may be able to get something on paper. I usually just think of it in my head and scribble on the foam board until it looks like it will work. I usually do a lot of trimming during assembly too. I hope to be able to contribute alittle instead of just using everyone else's tips. Happy flying.