Pictures from the Museum of the United States Air Force in Dayton, OH

LitterBug

Techno Nut
This seems to be an under-utilized folder so I've posted up pictures from my most recent trip to the Museum of the U.S.A.F. They have moved a few birds around giving better access for pictures. Here's a link to Google drive with most of the pictures:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gfZjoBpHElRva0A3XiR_NmnSXqjQwlVG

Here's a small sampler:
IMG_8258.JPG

IMG_8514.JPG

IMG_8324.JPG
IMG_8373.JPG
IMG_8351.JPG
IMG_8398.JPG
IMG_8479.JPG
IMG_8506.JPG

Cheers!
LitterBug

chris398mx

Master member
This seems to be an under-utilized folder so I've posted up pictures from my most recent trip to the Museum of the U.S.A.F. They have moved a few birds around giving better access for pictures. Here's a link to Google drive with most of the pictures:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gfZjoBpHElRva0A3XiR_NmnSXqjQwlVG

Here's a small sampler:
View attachment 180935
View attachment 180934
View attachment 180928 View attachment 180929 View attachment 180930 View attachment 180931 View attachment 180932 View attachment 180933

Cheers!
LitterBug
Those are cool, I need to make the trip over there some day!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. This makes my want to visit Dayton OH again.
Be sure to view the Wight Brothers museum while you are in town.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@LitterBug AWESOME pictures LB. Two things popped into my thoughts... What is the different nose for sitting next to the SR 71. The second was a flash back to Sesame Street when I saw the two shots of the choppers (motorcycles for you younguns) "One of these things is NOT like the other... One of these things just doesn't belong..

Oh yeah and glad to read you are starting to feel better in another thread.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
@LitterBug AWESOME pictures LB. Two things popped into my thoughts... What is the different nose for sitting next to the SR 71. The second was a flash back to Sesame Street when I saw the two shots of the choppers (motorcycles for you younguns) "One of these things is NOT like the other... One of these things just doesn't belong..

Oh yeah and glad to read you are starting to feel better in another thread.
Yeah, This was my first real trip away from home in months. The corner has turned.

There is a YF12 AND SR71 at the museum (both are there in the pictures). There is also one of the drones that they attempted to launch off the top of an SR71 sitting next to the SR71. The YF12 is next to the X-Planes (most notably they XB-70), and the SR71 is next to the B2. The standalone nose is one that was used by NASA for doing research on another SR71. I didn't realize they swapped noses to switch to different gear. IE radar nose, Photo Nose, training nose, etc....

LB

EDIT: FYI, I was driving in Dayton the day they flew the SR71 in to the museum. (several decades ago). Was pretty cool to see it in the air. If I dig around on my Camcorder I should also be able to find video of the C-17 when it flew in to the museum in 2012. I'll have to post that up to ewe-toob :)

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
@LitterBug Ah yes, last time I saw one of those I was elbow deep in grease, sweating my buttocks off, trying to stuff an AH-1W into it... good times for everyone!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Already downloaded ... :D

I really need to check in here more often! :p
I just was thinking maybe LB has resized them for the forums so you could potentially have an even better resolution shot. You missing is excusable... for now ;). You got that awesome property and probably an arms long honey do list since you just moved in.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I just was thinking maybe LB has resized them for the forums so you could potentially have an even better resolution shot. You missing is excusable... for now ;). You got that awesome property and probably an arms long honey do list since you just moved in.
That Picture of the C17 is a full size screen capture from the 1080p playback of my old Sony Camcorder. I will be uploading a video to EweToob sooner or later, but y'all know how YT tends to recompress things even further. 99% of the pics I post on the forum are full size. That is partially why I posted a link to a Drive share, because I didn't want to have to upload 380 full size pictures to the forum. I'm still contemplating moving those to another "photo"-centric server.

Cheers!
LB

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That Picture of the C17 is a full size screen capture from the 1080p playback of my old Sony Camcorder. I will be uploading a video to EweToob sooner or later, but y'all know how YT tends to recompress things even further. 99% of the pics I post on the forum are full size. That is partially why I posted a link to a Drive share, because I didn't want to have to upload 380 full size pictures to the forum. I'm still contemplating moving those to another "photo"-centric server.

Cheers!
LB

You can create a folder here to dump full size pics in then post thumbnails that link to them in what ever thread you want cant you? Anyways great to see you on my and hear you are more active and feeling better. I was just about to poke you with a stick in a pm when I saw this post.

POKE POKE POKE.....