Pilot skill levels?

I think Ketchup is on the right track we have a few pilots in our club that have flown since the day`s of Moses. Can they hover or do much of anything 3D nope but give them any plane and it will fly like it`s on rails, everything so smooth and effortless and put the plane exactly where they want it. In my eyes they are an expert in the way they fly, where some may consider them intermediate.
I like that thinking a lot. I see these videos of guys flying RC helicopters, doing tricks all over the place presumably at competition level, and I have to say - I don't like them. To me they're just a giant angry mosquito. Nothing against those who are into such a thing, but not for me. So I can completely accept an RC pilot who practically invented RC flight but doesn't care to do tricks. (y)

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Yeah, I am with you on the mosquito buzz. We used to have indoor flys at an indoor soccer field. One of the chopper guys thought it was all about him and was flying 3D during the racetrack period and took out 4 foamies at once, then went on a rant how they crashed his choppah.

SSgt Duramax

I like that thinking a lot. I see these videos of guys flying RC helicopters, doing tricks all over the place presumably at competition level, and I have to say - I don't like them. To me they're just a giant angry mosquito. Nothing against those who are into such a thing, but not for me. So I can completely accept an RC pilot who practically invented RC flight but doesn't care to do tricks. (y)
I'm inclined to agree. If that is your thing, fine. You can be a great and super talented pop artist, and I could care less to listen you. I understand that Billy Eilish may be talented, but I still think her music is trash. Being able to fly your 5 figure plane at 100+mph 6 feet off the ground and fly perfect patterns makes you an expert pilot even if you can't hover a $50 EPP foamie in my book.