MarioGdV

Has she flown again?

Yeah! But I had the same problem everytime I had to land it, and also it needed a lot of trim in the elevator. Eventually, the firewall broke in half (it's repaired now). It took me a while to realize that it's tailheavy. I'm using the smallest of the recommended batteries (2200mah 3S), but the instructions say that center of gravity is correct. Next time I'll put some weight in the nose. It was easier to repair than a foamboard airplane, though, I just had to put everything together and glue it. I used a stronger type of glue for the firewall to make sure it doesn't break again.

Edit: Also, I replaced the wingspar for a stronger one. In the first crash (it wasn't a hard impact), it broke. Not only it's hollow, but also I think it's not even made of carbon fiber.

Konsta

Hi! I built this kit as my first build too! It took me 9 months to get it done but it's done now! Do you still fly yours?

Attachments

• IMG_20201101_222904.jpg
    IMG_20201101_222904.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Konsta

I cut the cowl at the port, allowing the opening of the battery hatch. I've yet to fly it as time's not on my side right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20201110_170914.jpg
    IMG_20201110_170914.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201110_170936.jpg
    IMG_20201110_170936.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I cut the cowl at the port, allowing the opening of the battery hatch. I've yet to fly it as time's not on my side right now.

Good solution to that! If you decide you want to paint the cowling, I'd recommend doing it from the inside, and first using some sort of etching to help the paint stick well - perhaps a fine grain wet/dry sandpaper rubbing and alcohol cleaning. If you have a scrap of that cowling plastic left over it can be a great test piece :)