Help! Piper L-4 Grasshoper Master Series

otto54

Hello, I am in the process of designing a Piper L-4, I have taken a papermodel as a reference since it is quite simple to change the design and adapt it to foamboard
I hope you can help me finish the project or even help you in the design of your airplanes.

Attachments

• Page-04.jpg
    Page-04.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 0
  • Page-05.jpg
    Page-05.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 0
  • Page-06.jpg
    Page-06.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
you dont show the parts thats needed, skins, internal rear, eg. Thats what interesting, and just need adjustment at formers approx. How to "pick" together paper parts aint so interesting, as that plans here are.

otto54

you dont show the parts thats needed, skins, internal rear, eg. Thats what interesting, and just need adjustment at formers approx. How to "pick" together paper parts aint so interesting, as that plans here are.
Of course these are, they could be simplified

Attachments

• Page-07.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Page-08.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Page-09.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Page-10.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
there you got it... Remove anything that dont have with internal structure, and fuselage/wing skins to do.. You can forget rolled paper as wingbraces, landing gear , wheels as here,eg. I would forgot interior too, and rather used that space for battery/electronics.

leaded50

Legendary member
You could try it maybe you'll finish before me
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)
im not into such plane at moment, my planned builds on next 3 planes are already set, but yes, ive used paper model plans before to make a foamboard RC flyer. Mainly the skin "sections" with formers (formers resized to use 5mm foamboard around). Internals i used build batterybox, (perhaps FT powerpod in some), and "spar" all way to rear rudder.

leaded50

Legendary member
i dont see the reason why should make a angled froward part on that rear spars. Easier to make fromer placement if not, + if your main tailfin is into the spar as one part, it will be easier to get it stiffer, If not, close to need fillets to hold it best possible vertical. (can glue it to a spar thoug) If your building big, such that the tailfin is gonna get a few layers, then it needs glued to a stabile part.