Piper PA-12 Super Cruiser-Backcountry Edition

Taildragger

Legendary member
OOOH nice. I've always wanted to do some hotwire cutting. I found some fiberglassing stuff at my local hardware. Maybe I should try something too. What is the hotwire setup you are using?
unknown, haven't built one yet, but I'll let you know when I do

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
This is probably going to be a long one, month to month-and-a-half, but it should be worth it. Basically My friend has a Super Cub LP that has many upgrades, Bush tires, custom trim scheme, etc. (must be noted that he does NOT have the brushless upgrade as we both agree we like the handling/power/sound better with brushed)
View attachment 206340
He let me fly this recently and now i NEED a cub about this size, so I remembered this one pilot who took me up in the backcountry once has a reeeaaallly pretty cub that is also black, white, and red.
View attachment 206339
Now, I know this looks like a Super Cub, but be aware that it is different. It is actually *drumroll* a PA-12 Super Cruiser!
How am I going to design one of those?
Maybe use a Super Cub plan and just paint it the same?
Too many differences for me to be fine with it.
Use a three view?
Possible, but some things that aren't visible I don't trust myself to make up?
Maybe someone already has plans?
YES!
Now a few things need to be decided. What build techniques do I use? Master Series, Skinning, Ironed Edges, I'm going all out!

A few days later: *notification rings*
View attachment 206342
A float plane?
Could this be a float plane?
View attachment 206344
View attachment 206343
Yep.
butttt how to waterproof it?
View attachment 206345
Ok. Add Minwax to my technique list.

Now I am Faced with one more decision before beginning the project:
Do I just print the plans and build from them, or do I use the plans as a template in CAD?
its almost a year now lol