Help! pitch

VaibhavMalhotra

Hi, can anyone help when i check my gyro readings it shows -34 pitch but it should be 0 as the quad is at level surface
Can you tell me where i am wrong?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Hi, can anyone help when i check my gyro readings it shows -34 pitch but it should be 0 as the quad is at level surface
Can you tell me where i am wrong?

Have you recalibrated it on a level surface? I know mine has reported like, -1 to +1 pitch, roll, or yaw, and that was on a level surface (as checked with a bubble level).

Reactions: FDS

VaibhavMalhotra

Have you recalibrated it on a level surface? I know mine has reported like, -1 to +1 pitch, roll, or yaw, and that was on a level surface (as checked with a bubble level).
Yes, i didnt even change the surface i just calibrated it and uploaded code to check readings, didnt even move the quad

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Does the 3D model in the configurator show as level? If so, you're probably seeing the calibrated value. If the 3D model is 34^ off in the configurator after calibrating, your accelerometer is probably pooched. Note that this is all accelerometer stuff... Gyros measure rotational velocity, not level, and they auto-calibrate every time the board is powered up. If it's gyro data you're looking at and the copter is still, I'd guess you are looking at calibrated values.

VaibhavMalhotra

Does the 3D model in the configurator show as level? If so, you're probably seeing the calibrated value. If the 3D model is 34^ off in the configurator after calibrating, your accelerometer is probably pooched. Note that this is all accelerometer stuff... Gyros measure rotational velocity, not level, and they auto-calibrate every time the board is powered up. If it's gyro data you're looking at and the copter is still, I'd guess you are looking at calibrated values.
So what should i do? Should i just change mpu6050 with a new one?