Pixhawk flight controller in a fixed wing airplane.

Marlin

I am trying to put a Pixhawk 1 flight controller in an electric RC glider. I am using a FlySky FS-i6x radio system with the PPM port (channel one, usually used for the ailerons) on the receiver cabled to the RC IN port on the Pixhawk. I am finding that I am not getting a signal sent to the throttle channel, but I am getting signal sent to the other flight controls. I would like to converse with someone who has experience with such a system. Thanks!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I haven't used a flysky radio setup, but am well versed in Ardupilot. Most likely that is the firmware you are running on the pixhawk.

Almost sounds like you have not armed the flight controller. The throttle will not pass through until armed as a safety measure.

See Ardupilot documentation on arming:
https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/arming-your-plane.html

Last edited:

Whensinal

I am trying to put a Pixhawk 1 flight controller in an electric RC glider. I am using a FlySky FS-i6x radio system with the PPM port (channel one, usually used for the ailerons) on the receiver cabled to the RC IN port on the Pixhawk. I am finding that I am not getting a signal sent to the throttle channel, but I am getting signal sent to the other flight controls. I would like to converse with someone who has experience with such a system. Thanks!
Confirm that the receiver is properly binding with your FlySky FS-i6x radio system and that all channels are functioning correctly. You can use the receiver's output ports or a servo tester to check if the throttle channel is receiving input.

Foamforce

Confirm that the receiver is properly binding with your FlySky FS-i6x radio system and that all channels are functioning correctly. You can use the receiver's output ports or a servo tester to check if the throttle channel is receiving input.
If he’s using the FSia6b receiver, I’ve found that the other channels are disabled when using PPM like he is. However, if he switched to sbus or ibus then the other ports are active.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
This is a pretty old thread. Looks like he joined, posted, and never returned. Hopefully he got it figured out. If not, maybe someone else will find this information useful.