Pizza Box Plane Mod

vwclogan

Hey, I've built a few arrows now, some speed builds and some from scratch. I had a crashed arrow and some parts from a micro quad that would do the trick to make the Pizza box plane, but I wanted to have a fuselage to house my lipo and fpv gear. I fallowed the pizza box tutorial and plans, but then cut out the middle to make the fuselage like on the full size arrow, measuring my tattu 450 3s the whole time to make sure it fit. I modeled and printed the power pod to hold the esc. it turned out nice. Oh, and I didn't have a pizza box, on a diet. I do have a kid so I happen to have a fisher price box that was the same thickness as a pizza box.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Hmm... at the grocery store I work at they have giant flat pieces of thin cardboard laying around. I wonder if I could use those to make a regular sized arrow or even a spear?

simaobota

Hey, I've built a few arrows now, some speed builds and some from scratch. I had a crashed arrow and some parts from a micro quad that would do the trick to make the Pizza box plane, but I wanted to have a fuselage to house my lipo and fpv gear. I fallowed the pizza box tutorial and plans, but then cut out the middle to make the fuselage like on the full size arrow, measuring my tattu 450 3s the whole time to make sure it fit. I modeled and printed the power pod to hold the esc. it turned out nice. Oh, and I didn't have a pizza box, on a diet. I do have a kid so I happen to have a fisher price box that was the same thickness as a pizza box.
View attachment 108822 View attachment 108823 View attachment 108824 View attachment 108825 View attachment 108826 View attachment 108827
What motor is it ?

Jason Hayward

View attachment 108822 View attachment 108823 View attachment 108824 View attachment 108825 View attachment 108826 View attachment 108827
Looks good how does it fly?

Jason Hayward

Put together a few different wing styles to see how they would fly. So far the one with the anti-hedral and do-hedral seem to fly the best. The wing with just Di-hedral seems to fly good... sometimes

Attachments

• 417961B7-BB15-40D9-80FE-801147461502.jpeg
    417961B7-BB15-40D9-80FE-801147461502.jpeg
    911.7 KB · Views: 0