PLA+ Filament Temp ?

ColoFlyer

Agreed
I’m using depending on what I’m doing, I use SketchUp, TinkerCAD, and Scad. I like some things about each of them, none dose everything well.

Give Fusion 360 a try. it is free for hobby use and there are tons of tutorials on youtube. I will admit that there is a learning curve but once you get use to it there is almost nothing you can't create.
https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/personal

One thing I really like is once I finish a project, I can go to the FILE menu select 3DPrint and send it straight to Cura for slicing.

Look for "Fusion 360 for Beginners" tutorials on youtube from guys like Kevin Kennedy and Lars Christensen. But pay attention because there are older versions of Fusion 360 that don't look quite the same as the newer version, so look for videos that are newer like 2019-2022.

This guys is also pretty good for beginners to get you started.

Redeemer

Agreed
I’m using depending on what I’m doing, I use SketchUp, TinkerCAD, and Scad. I like some things about each of them, none dose everything well.
SketchUp is a great tool if you use the full-paid version. Otherwise, the free version has certain limitations that make it inconvenient for me

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
SketchUp is a great tool if you use the full-paid version...
I use the free version & added some extensions to make it export STL and gcode files. My biggest problem is it with sometimes lose a face of an object when you push-pull it. Sometimes I have trouble making a hole. I’m beginning to do more with TinkerCAD, for simple shapes it is great, more complex shapes are difficult for me. Maybe I just need more practice with it.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I use the free version & added some extensions to make it export STL and gcode files. My biggest problem is it with sometimes lose a face of an object when you push-pull it. Sometimes I have trouble making a hole. I’m beginning to do more with TinkerCAD, for simple shapes it is great, more complex shapes are difficult for me. Maybe I just need more practice with it.
to not lose the face of the object hold ctrl when pushing or pulling. comand on mac

Redeemer

TinkerCAD was the first step in 3D modeling for many of my friends. Later on, most have moved on to more advanced programs.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I 100% recommend DesignSpark Mechanical! It is free, absolutely amazing, and If you want you can do 2D drawing with it also!
Looks interesting.
Is it a web platform like tinker cad or a desktop platform like sketchup?