Help! Plane design

Surya

I'm going to build a plane with both manuvers and highest payload with single motor.I want to know which plane among flite test scratch builds is having manuvers and payloads?

FDS

Elite member
Any of them will fly very well and if you are careful with engine power they can all carry payloads. You need to work out how much payload weight you want to carry, then look at which airframes it will fit.
How much flying experience do you have? Some designs are harder to fly and not suitable for novices. A crashed plane won’t carry anything!
Twin engine planes can carry much more payload and are not hard to make, you can skip the differential thrust if you don’t know how to set it up.

Surya

Any of them will fly very well and if you are careful with engine power they can all carry payloads. You need to work out how much payload weight you want to carry, then look at which airframes it will fit.
How much flying experience do you have? Some designs are harder to fly and not suitable for novices. A crashed plane won’t carry anything!
Twin engine planes can carry much more payload and are not hard to make, you can skip the differential thrust if you don’t know how to set it up.
Begginer

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @FDS, a crashed plane will not carry much. You would be better off learning to fly first. Everyone needs to learn to stand before they can walk & walk before they can run. What you have proposed is like trying to run a race before you have learned to stand.

That being said, the Storch and Bushwhacker are two planes you could learn to fly with. Both have good payload capacity and can be maneuverable with the proper setup.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
If you are a beginner I would recommend building a simple design like a mini Scout, Tiny Trainer or if you want something bigger a simple Scout or Explorer and learn to fly that first. Recommendations above are good too.
The Explorer can carry payloads or cameras etc later and all FT planes can fly FPV if you want to do that.
You will need to learn to fly line of sight safely first. It’s not as simple as chucking a plane in the air and flying, it takes practice. Making a complex plane that has extra stuff on it or is large and heavy ,then trying to learn on it is a recipe for frustration. A simple trainer will get you in the air and build your skills.
After you have destroyed a few planes then you can build something that does more than just fly round, since you will have developed the skills to stay airborne and can move onto bigger challenges.
Learning to fly is exciting and absorbing just by itself. FT planes are cheap to build so you can always make more.