Planes I'd like to see in the master series.

Javiester

Elite member
Polikarpov I-16

Image00075-1024x749.jpg

speedbirdted

Legendary member
This might be quite an unpopular opinion but I don't think the master series should solely be warbirds. Sure, they're cool, but some people like other sorts of airplanes and rendering them with more scale detail would be pretty cool. I honestly think a MS Cub or Super Cub would be pretty cool, and I'm currently in the process of building a prototype for one though it looks like this at the moment (and will probably continue to look like this for quite a long time because my abilities with foamboard leave quite a lot to be desired):

P_20200206_192658.jpg

I would also really love to see a MS Waco. Maybe this is because I just love Wacos and would probably be the only person to buy it.

1582324750631.png

Other than that, I would really like to see a Do 335, but it would have to be set up with retracts if you want to keep the cruciform tail. Honestly retracts are something all the applicable MS planes should be set up to take from the get go. Belly landing scale planes is no fun!

1582324325207.png

Figure9

Elite member
Agree that more than warbirds should be master style detail & scale because some would be easier than a warbird. Many civil aircraft have flat belly surfaces & constant chord wing plan. How about smaller projects lie the really nice small scale Spitfire that’s been making the rounds on the forum. Maybe a small Stinson Voyager or Cessna 190, Spartan Executive, Bellanca Cruisair or maybe even a Van’s RV-4. I’ve been daydreaming about retracts on a foam model. Figure9

Figure9

Elite member
This might be quite an unpopular opinion but I don't think the master series should solely be warbirds. Sure, they're cool, but some people like other sorts of airplanes and rendering them with more scale detail would be pretty cool. I honestly think a MS Cub or Super Cub would be pretty cool, and I'm currently in the process of building a prototype for one though it looks like this at the moment (and will probably continue to look like this for quite a long time because my abilities with foamboard leave quite a lot to be desired):

View attachment 158876

Great start to your MS Cub. Good selection, DTFB Cub designs are already available & are an excellent choice to enlarge or step up a notch to Master skills by figuring out a nose cowl, see through cockpit like yours, plus details like close to scale struts, gear & wingtips. Figure9