• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Planky 2.0 - Diy hot cut sloper soarer

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Finally got the plank out in some good wind. flew it in 9mph and on up to 20mph. This flight is probably 19-20 so i was able to finally fully ballast up the wing. Flies great. This was my favorite slope soarer this weekend. Really happy with the flying. Very stable and goes right where you tell it. Really makes me want one of the EPP gluto or bluto's now.

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Capture.JPG

Before planky 2.0 there was planky 1.0 ! But i never posted anything as it looks kind of..interesting and i didnt know how it would fly.
So when i first got my hot wire cnc going i was having problems with the software and it would only cut left side correctly and i really wanted to build something that weekend. I figured "hey a straight wing is the same on both sides", so i cut out 2 left cores, slapped a nose and a tail, rummaged around in the paint cans and here we go, planky 1.0. Flies amazingly well, like zero trim out of the hand. I would have swore with that short root that the cg would be a pain. pw1211 airfoil, home depot rigid insulation, some glass spars, laminate, balsa elevons.