Plans for giant scale

Kiknazz

Is there any way to have the P47 plans not be swappable and made into plans to create a giant scale? If not how do I scale up plans to create a Giant scale foam Plane like the stuka video or the giant DIY Me-262

Flyingshark

Master member
Is there any way to have the P47 plans not be swappable and made into plans to create a giant scale? If not how do I scale up plans to create a Giant scale foam Plane like the stuka video or the giant DIY Me-262
As @The Hangar said, you can print plans at different scales using Adobe Acrobat Reader. I think the monsters are 185% of the size of the original planes.

The problem with printing plans at different scales is that then the slots won't be quite the right width, but the magic monster scale (that's not exactly 200%) means you can just double up the foam, and it will still give you a nice tight fit for an A or B fold. Some foams have double-the-thickness versions as well.

bmosinski

I was hoping when Josh said big things are happening in May that they were going to start releasing larger planes. I mean we have seen such beautiful large foam planes and those Overstreet has been part of designing. I remember a table full of larger jets in the background. Hopefully they are working on those offerings. Anyone have any inside info?

AussieBison

I was hoping when Josh said big things are happening in May that they were going to start releasing larger planes. I mean we have seen such beautiful large foam planes and those Overstreet has been part of designing. I remember a table full of larger jets in the background. Hopefully they are working on those offerings. Anyone have any inside info?

Seen a couple posts from John himself in the Master Series thread. He did mention big things are coming in April / May. I think it was something like they intend to release a couple plans every month, but that would be a kinda limited series. So limited number of kits, no plans or anything. Supposedly going to be available May onwards.

Thread: Master Series Builds, Past Present and Future.

billyshaw22

Here is a trick that I use, when you enlarge try to multiply with the thickness of the foam in mind... example would be foamboard is really close to .18" and .1875" (depends on thickness of production run) if there are three formers at a location there will be 4.5 if you blow it up 150%. When doing the giant scale like 200% its a good idea to use the 1/2" or 3/4" insulation foam for the formers and etc. the skins will always be just one sheet of flite test or dollar tree, just add small amounts around the folds to fill in the difference and you will be good.

One more side note: if you don't have adobe, look for a program called "Foxit pdf" it should be free and it will allow you to enlarge the plans as well.
"Foxit Reader"
click on the link and scroll down to "Foxit Reader" and there will be a free download link under it, you don't want the ones that say free trial. I have been using it for about 2 years and it works great.

Attachments

• 273535293_660098251962211_7074893057514125854_n.jpg
    273535293_660098251962211_7074893057514125854_n.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0

PlaneMaker1968

As @The Hangar said, you can print plans at different scales using Adobe Acrobat Reader. I think the monsters are 185% of the size of the original planes.

The problem with printing plans at different scales is that then the slots won't be quite the right width, but the magic monster scale (that's not exactly 200%) means you can just double up the foam, and it will still give you a nice tight fit for an A or B fold. Some foams have double-the-thickness versions as well.
I've been cursed with the need to print everything in monster scale. Most days I hate myself for it, but dang I love flying those big, bad boys!! I print with a 30" vinyl cutter that I 3d-printed a nice sharpie/marker/pen/pencil holder for. It would also cut out the the pieces, but then you get into struggles with fold-lines, etc. Thanks to everybody that helps everybody when we have struggles!!

Shurik-1960

I have a question on the topic . There are almost all Maly modelarz magazines https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Y1OTHCYOXE8iig . Aircraft models are obtained with a span of 135mm X2 = 230mm . What program will I be able to increase the patterns to a scale of 1300 mm .I tried to do it in Photoshop - I get very blurry pictures .

Attachments

• 2021-03-22_20-46-52.jpg
    2021-03-22_20-46-52.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1463.JPG
    DSCN1463.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190228_100357.jpg
    IMG_20190228_100357.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 0