Plans Question

Ronk99

Ok I am just a noob so I hope this question isn't too off...

I am looking at the Edge 540 so I got the 2 plans files.... which one do I take where they can print me full size plans...,This would be better than tiles and such for me I think... However when i go the printer with the said file what are my instructions for him? IE what to print and how etc?

Any step by step help would be great.

You see i know i need to get the plans full sized to lay on board to cut for plane I just don't know how to get to that point .
Sorry i am a bit lost!

Thanks ahead of time

Ron

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The Edge is an excellent plane, but I would not recommend as your first plane. You would be better off starting with a trainer type plane and save the Edge for later.

BS projects inc.

Elite member
Ok I am just a noob so I hope this question isn't too off...

I am looking at the Edge 540 so I got the 2 plans files.... which one do I take where they can print me full size plans...,This would be better than tiles and such for me I think... However when i go the printer with the said file what are my instructions for him? IE what to print and how etc?

Any step by step help would be great.

You see i know i need to get the plans full sized to lay on board to cut for plane I just don't know how to get to that point .
Sorry i am a bit lost!

Thanks ahead of time

Ron
The edge is not a great plane to make from plans. Its going to be very aggravating cutting out all of those pieces. Also, how much flying experience do you have?

Hyper46havoc

I printed my edge in tiled form wasn't the easiest thing to do and the build is tedious if scratch building but it's well worth it. If you take your time you can definitely make all the parts needed with minimal tools I only have utility knife blades and cheap #11 blades. If I was you tho I would build something else to start with just to get an idea of the building process. it's very easy to go wrong and some of the edge540 parts especially the nose take longer to cut out then it does to cut out and build a spitfire. 20190120_020413.jpg

Hyper46havoc

Also pilot skill I don't feel ready to fly the edge yet and I've had 20+ hours flight time definitely not a beginners plane

Headbang

Master member
THANKS for all the replies! I was just thinking of trying to make the plane...I have flown now 3 years and have a bit of flying experience now :) I am past the trainer planes in skill level though. Here are some of my planes :) View attachment 122369
Wow! So organized and clean! I have a trailer I store planes in, but you can only get so many giant scale planes in before all the smaller ones need a home. The rest spill out to every nook and cranny in my garage and basement lol

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
THANKS for all the replies! I was just thinking of trying to make the plane...I have flown now 3 years and have a bit of flying experience now :) I am past the trainer planes in skill level though. Here are some of my planes :) View attachment 122369
Hmmm, I don't know guys. That Weed Eater, Broom and Shovel don't look like they'd fly so well. They are popular models but the flight characteristics are a little lacking. I think this guy needs some more flight experience...

Welcome to our forum, Ronk99! I am glad you are here. To attempt to answer your question: I don't know what versions of the plans you have. I am also going to assume you have access to a large scale printer or plotter. The plans that are full size are usually labeled as such. "Full Size" or something similar will be in the file name. Assuming you can print from pdf, you'll want to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the official Adobe site. Then just make sure "Auto Scale" is set to 100% and automatic page orientation is on. Assuming your printer/plotter is big enough, that last bit centers the print on the page.

Have fun and let us know how it goes. Again, welcome to our family!