Plans To Use Delta Ray Electronics

Redexport

Hi

I’m new to the site and hobby. Been flying for about a year now and LOVVEE it. I have a Super cub, SBach mini, old gaser that looks like the nexstar (.46 engine), nieutport and a delta ray. They have all taken a beating. :)

Now may question is does anyone know of any plans that i can use the electronics from my Delta Ray. It was awesome to fly, especial for a a starter, and want to use the parts from it for maybe a delta scratch build or something. i took a quick look but thought id check for suggestions.

Thanks for all the help guys

P.S. check out my channel if you would like to see it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pfItA6bpiRA[/url]

Last edited:

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Hmm... you would be limited by the SAFE flight controller and the brushed twin motor design, but your best bet to use exactly the same electronics would be a twin tractor or pusher elevon controlled plane... Essentially either a DIY version of the delta or something similar.

Welcome to the FT community! Sounds like you'll fit right in ;)

Gravity

The twin-engine Kraken

I enjoy flying my DeltaRay, but some day it too will face the reaper. I would consider a design along the lines of the twin-engine Kraken. It matches up with the DeltaRay electronics pretty well, which include the following:

1. Twin engine with a limited amount of differential thrust on the "rudder" channel
2. Elevon mixing built into the onboard electronics
3. SAFE technology (with careful placement of the gyro)

I haven't looked into the weight of the Kraken. If it looks too heavy for the motors, you may need to scale down.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
The delta ray platform is great. I would buy a new body rather than try to fit it to another design. I don't think there is any way the delta ray power system would with with a Kraken. A better option would be some kind of FT arrow mod but it would be extensive. If you really want to use the electronics, get a new body, and then at some point do a brushless conversion. You can actually do a dual Rx setup and keep SAFE for the flight surfaces. I have done it so I can help you when the time come. The Delta Ray is a blast with dual 1806 motors.

I actually own 3 of these planes. Two of them are stock, one resides at my parents and the last one is brushless.

donalson

The delta ray platform is great. I would buy a new body rather than try to fit it to another design. I don't think there is any way the delta ray power system would with with a Kraken. A better option would be some kind of FT arrow mod but it would be extensive. If you really want to use the electronics, get a new body, and then at some point do a brushless conversion. You can actually do a dual Rx setup and keep SAFE for the flight surfaces. I have done it so I can help you when the time come. The Delta Ray is a blast with dual 1806 motors.

I actually own 3 of these planes. Two of them are stock, one resides at my parents and the last one is brushless.

I know this thread is a bit old but can you describe the dual RX setup?... I just got one (used but never flown) and i'd love to make it crazy but really it's a perfect trainer for my kids so I can't go too crazy. I have spare set of motors NIB but I also have some 1806 motors that would be perfect for this thing.

thanks