Plastic models (cars, planes, etc)

basslord1124

Master member
Got a question...

Father-in-law has always been into putting together plastic model kits of planes, cars, etc for a long time. He's not much for online shopping and has tried to get them around here but it seems the supply is low and cost is high (he remembers the days when they were around a dollar).

I tried banggood but their selection wasn't all that great. I'll probably start checking out some of the other online hobby places I go to as well. Do you all know of any places online we can check out that have plastic models for super cheap?

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Got a question...

Father-in-law has always been into putting together plastic model kits of planes, cars, etc for a long time. He's not much for online shopping and has tried to get them around here but it seems the supply is low and cost is high (he remembers the days when they were around a dollar).

I tried banggood but their selection wasn't all that great. I'll probably start checking out some of the other online hobby places I go to as well. Do you all know of any places online we can check out that have plastic models for super cheap?
Hobby lobby? They might have some and you can buy them at 40% off.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Do you have a michaels nearby? The kits aren’t the cheapest (probably 30 dollars) but if you go to their website you can get coupons almost every day. One time I got close to 50 percent off on a 2 dollar roll of string. I have never built plastic models of anything, but their selection seems pretty good.

Edit: oops, I forgot that you said online. Maybe you can buy from michaels online?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Plastic model kits have not been cheap for many a decade. Even the snap together ones are over priced. Although the details and fitment have gotten much better since I was young.

Every once in a while I search Amazon for a specific one I have looked for for years and there are deals to be had. Its just the time it takes to find them.

One of my favorite models of all time comes in over 200 dollars for the really well detailed ones that I was into building as a kid. It makes me cry every time I see someone else on yt building one that doesn't even know what it was from thus no appreciation for its rarity.

basslord1124

Master member
Thanks for the suggestions guys. We do have a Hobby Lobby around here...he gets them there sometimes, although I kinda have doubts he tries to go there with the mindset of using a coupon or waiting when they have sales. So more than likely I bet he pays full price.

We have a Michaels too...although it's more of a drive. I don't know if he's ever picked any there or not.

And @PsyBorg , we mentioned Amazon too so that's a possibility. I suppose we'll just keep our ears and eyes opened when he wants to buy one again and help him with getting a good deal on one.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is there something in particular he is looking for? I has no life and can add that to my keep an eye out for things when randomly checking out the on line world.