Plea for help: Newbie scratch builder trying to get in the air

MrWings

I am loving the Flitetest website and am really inspired by the amazing models and available plans.
I have built a MiniArrow and acquired the necessary components (listed below) including a transmitter and reciever. I got the servos working but have been having difficulty with my motor jittering/stuttering and established that the esc probably needs reprogramming. Earlier I came across the programming card and saw on Youtube that this should be a helpful device for my esc troubles but can't find any info explaining where I need the red tabs to go for my setup. Any info would be gratefully received. I am desperate to get in the air!
Options available to me on the HobbyKing esc disc are as below

Timing - auto, 7/22, 22-30
Rotation - Normal, Reverse (my understanding this is not important as connection can be reversed)
Batt protect - 2.8v/50%, 3.0v/65%, 3.2v/65%
Protect type - Reduce, Stop
Brake - on, off
Start - Very soft, soft, start acc
Batt helic - Lipo (I know this one)

Motor and esc details below if they help

Motor:
Item name :2204 2300KV Brushless with 6045 3 Leaves Propellers
White resistance: ≤4mΩ
Speed: 2300KV ± 5%

Battery:
800mah
3s
20c
3cell 11.1v

ESC:
20A
BEC: 5v/3A
LIPO: 2-4s

Thanks for looking :)
$_35.JPG

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Have you calibrated the ESC? With the prop off, turn on your Tx and set full throttle. Plug in the ESC and wait for the beeps. Then set 0 throttle. More beeps and you should be good to go.

CaptBill

I haven't seen the need to program an esc yet so my answer might be slightly off. However each esc I have tried has worked with each motor I attached it to. And my esc selection is not exactly a scientific process.
ElecticSean is correct that you need to calibrate the esc to the motor but this does not require a program card. Btw programing cards are esc spicific at least as to brand and the flashware they run.
I had one experience when a motor sputtered as your describing, after searching around this forum and reading of another lost soul with the same troubles I checked the wires and wider joints connecting the esc to the motor. I found a bad (broken) soder connection where a wire attached to the esc board. After resodering it all was well. Check your 3 wires from the esc to the connectors and from connectors to motor. Check carefully the bullet connectors themselves. If possible check for continuity with a multi meter as well.
Bill