Pleasant Surprise from Hobby King

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
A few days ago I ordered a PropDrive 35-36 1800KV for my not yet received CrashTestHobby.com "Deep Reaper".

The motor arrived today and I was completely surprised to find that the lower housing bell had been machined to better support the wires that exit there AND the Wires are GLUED to the housing for more support (I have complained in the past that the wires were unsupported) .

My question is was this happenstance or is it a result of user complaints that HK has become aware of.

Either way though it is Win Win! I hope HK follows suit with ALL motors they build.

Thurmond

squishy

Pirate ParkFlyer
That sounds super cool, but...
87838d1334008562-lake-harding-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pictures.jpg

lol

Tritium

P8110041.JPG P8110042.JPG P8110043.JPG

Here you go O squishy one! Sorry I did the best macro shots my old camera will do. Hope its visible. Looks like they used CA to me. Way to neat for epoxy.

Thurmond

tramsgar

Funny thing, I also got that same motor the other week (and also noticed the good wiring job, tho I think it looks like epoxy). Could it be the recent exposure on FliteTest that boosted the sales? =)

Tritium

Off topic but hey its my thread. The USPS could LOWER its prices IF it could route mail directly instead of a "tour" around the country before delivery :confused:. My Deep Reaper (Destination Texas South Panhandle) The package was accepted at Orem, UT, traveled to Salt Lake City , then back NE to Denver, CO and then EAST to Memphis, TN :confused: so far. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb :mad:.

Back on topic, I am glad to see this development in securing wires inside rough duty motor's. I hope all motor manufacturers follow suit. I wonder if any "high end motors", (I am talking $100 or more) have the wire secured?

Thurmond

Last edited:

knife-edge

Yup just got my 28-26 and noticed the nice quality. It definitely makes me want to order more ntm propdrive motors.